The Communications and Marketing (C&M) team at MEC inspires and engages active Canadians by being the voice of our brand. We mix with big ideas that start conversations and spark adventures.
As the Sponsorship and Event Activation Specialist, you’ll be accountable for attracting new members targeting MEC’s core segments, strengthening the relationship between existing members, ensuring MEC maximizes the value it receives from sponsorships and investments in MEC organized events.
You’ll work with a passionate, creative and collaborative group who seek ways to connect and engage in meaningful ways with MEC’s members and potential members. You’ll always be learning, and there’s a good chance your co-workers will inspire you to try something new, like riding in a Fondo, bouldering or paddleboarding.
What you do:
- Develop the national sponsorship and events activation plan to integrate with the Communication and Marketing strategy.
- Negotiate new sponsorship and partnership agreements in collaboration with the Director of Strategic Partnerships & Community Investment.
- Activation of MEC events (including new store openings) and sponsorships.
- Develop community partnerships.
- Be an authentic representative of the MEC brand and share the stoke with others.
What you need:
- 5-7 years related experience in sponsorship and event activation.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree in a related discipline (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business).
- An ability to collaborate with others, yet manage your portfolio independently.
- Creative thinking. You ignite, drive and act on possibilities.
- Project management experience.
- Proven positive and effective stakeholder engagement, internally and externally.
- Solid interpersonal skills. Gregarious, outgoing, inspiring.
- Great communication skills – you listen first, then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing.
- High proficiency with identifying media, social media, and story-telling opportunities.
- You can work in a fast paced environment juggling many balls at the same time, making things happen while keeping cool.
- You’re stoked on something: you love to build trails, log miles, organize hut trips, lean into corners, climb splitters or do something outside every day.
Bonus Points if you…..
- Vous parlez francais.
- Have retail experience.