Reporting to the Director of Internet Services with day-to-day task management from the Social Media Manager, the Social Media Specialist / Designer will be responsible for developing, maintaining and expanding current and future social media initiatives based on the strategies put in place on a daily, monthly and annual basis.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
- Focus on the daily administration of all current social media channels for all Factors Group brands using the social media dashboard Hootsuite.
- Social Media channels for the Factors Group brands include:
- Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn and other channels as they are developed.
- Develop the repositories of posts based on the strategy for each brand following the Social Media Matrix as a roadmap.
- These posts will be banked for distribution/posting across the brand channels as well as distributed to the internal bloggers and Factors Group Experts.
- A set number of post builds will be required each week by brand to help establish a solid social media post library/bank.
- Create and implement graphic designs that adhere to brand standards for:
- Posts, cover photos, profile pictures, shared images, etc.
- Generate ad-hoc or off-the-cuff video content that adhere to brand standards for:
- Social media posts, YouTube and Vimeo channels
- Implement SEO strategies within all social media efforts where possible to help drive inbound traffic back to brand sites to assist in meeting marketing and sales goals.
- Monitor social network metrics and report raw data to Social Media Manager for analysis and comparison.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends by regularly reading articles from industry leading websites and continually looking for unique was to increase The Factors Group “share of voice”.
- Proactively introduce new ideas for marketing initiatives and online strategies.
- Monitor social networks for potential threats and report to management.
- Capitalize on proactive opportunities to spin mainstream news themes on which Factors Group maintains a positive position.
- Follow the Compliance Review protocol for social media efforts that require legal review and approval.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in Social Media and/or Internet Marketing.
- Extensive knowledge in SEO and Social Media.
- Understanding of Google Analytics and Web metrics.
- Proven track record of driving traffic and increasing rankings via Social Media
- A working knowledge of CMS systems (Content Management Systems). Specifically for Factor Groups – PIM (Product Information Management system).
- Basic HTML and web design knowledge is an asset.
- Relevant work experience or education an asset.
Graphic Design and Video Editing/Creation
- Knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge and experience with design standards for social media platforms including current standard sizes / requirements for all common graphic and video assets.
- Ability to use and create engaging video content that incorporates:
- Video captured from various sources
- Graphics including title slates, supers, product and lifestyle photos
- Audio including “sweetening” and music bed placement
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Enthusiasm for health and wellness and natural health supplements industries.
- Works well in a team environment and is open to collaboration across marketing groups.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate on social platforms in a consistent brand voice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is especially important when responding directly to customer inquiries.
- Ability to reasonably multi task and balance competing priorities between project and non-project work.
- Possesses a keen attention to detail.
- Embraces the “always on” nature of the Social Media industry and being open to working when needed or as opportunities arise to capitalize on optimal Social Media moments (timely news events, real time responding, authentic photo capture and usage).
- A power user of social medial, you should have active profiles on all the major channels.
- Customer focused with a passion for customer engagement.