The NOW Group is looking to hire a full-time Social Media & Production Coordinator in our Vancouver office. NOW is Canada’s leading full-service advertising agency for progressive causes and social good.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the causes we work for, a commitment to great client service and a talent for managing complex projects.
You love social media, and figuring out the best way to create engaging, interesting content for a variety of channels and campaigns.
The ideal candidate will have experience running branded Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts (bonus if you have Pinterest, YouTube, and IGTV experience) and be comfortable scheduling posts, engaging with our online community, writing copy, editing photos and monitoring campaigns and analytics.
You are a creative thinker who is comfortable working both independently and in a team environment. You embrace feedback and have a constant desire to learn and improve. And of course, you’re a progressive communicator, excited to do good work for our agency and our clients.
You will be NOW’s lead coordinating social media campaigns for Clients as well as driving NOW’s online presence, while assisting the production team as required.
- Contributing ideas for creative strategies and social media concepts for Client campaigns and being an expert on emerging trends.
- Managing Client paid social media campaigns including set up, scheduling, monitoring and generating campaign reports.
- Developing and managing NOW’s content calendars aligned with content strategy and objectives and scheduling Instagram posts, stories, Tweets, and Facebook posts based on the social media calendar.
- Actively finding relevant moments for NOW’s brand to hop into larger conversations and staying on top of industry trends.
- Collecting on brand user-generated content, watching our mentions and tags and noticing trends and opportunities for resharing
- Booking audio houses and working with agents to check availability and booking voice talent.
- Preparing production checklists and scripts for creative team before audio sessions and video shoots.
- Making sure all talent forms are filled out properly and talent (and their agents) are aware of their paying scales.
- Developing a basic understanding of ACTRA’s collective agreements and helping Account Managers to budget and ensure NOW is adhering to the agreements.
- Coordinate closed captioning of all video spots for TV and social media (and sometimes creating SRT files for client’s social media use).
- Assisting with trafficking and administrative tasks, as required.
- Minimum two-year experience running a branded social media account.
- A strong and strategic understanding of the social media landscape across multiple channels.
- A self-starter and a total social media nerd. It is a *must* that you understand social channels Instagram, Instagram Stories, IGTV, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Superior problem-solving skills, a high level of organizational ability and ability to deal with multiple deadlines and demands.
- A knack for social copywriting, content curation and aesthetic. You don’t have to be a graphic designer but need to be able to create a great asset using design apps and templates.
- A team player who is willing to jump in.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc)