Who We Are
The Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) is Canada's largest real estate board representing 33,000 Realtors®. Founded in 1920, TREB is a well-known not-for-profit association which prides itself on delivering the highest quality of information and services to its members from a state-of-the-art facility. For more information about TREB, please visit our website at www.torontorealestateboard.com.
The Social Media Manager will work to support and implement TREB's Social Media program. The incumbent will possess strong writing, editing and communication skills, a passion for social media, and familiarity with social networking services. Must operate on the forefront of new developments in social media, and be motivated to create a positive, user friendly and beneficial online experience for TREB members and the general public using TREB social media channels.
- Administrator of TREB's social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, including monitoring and processing applications for group membership where required.
- Work with the Chief Government and Public Affairs Officer (CGPA) to develop social media strategies for TREB and to recommend courses of action on social media issues.
- Assist the CGPA with the maintenance, evolution, and enforcement of TREB's social media policies and guidelines.
- Monitor comments and questions on TREB social media channels and act where necessary in consultation with the CGPA.
- Monitor and advise the CGPA on the real estate industry and related social media activity.
- Develop, facilitate and manage all content posted by TREB on various social media sites, working with TREB managers and in consultation with the CGPA.
- Under supervision, act as liaison with other TREB departments regarding content posted by TREB on various social media sites.
- Coordinate, create and edit videos.
- Measure the effectiveness of TREB's social media efforts including usage tracking, links to TREB channels from blogs and social networking sites, re-tweets and discussions.
- Coordinate promotion of TREB social media channels/sites/ presence using internal and external TREB communication vehicles.
- Proactively assess day-to-day social media environment and seize opportunities that are available for increased exposure and TREB publicity to the public.
- Where necessary, attend meetings of real estate related organizations concerning social media.
- Support the work of the Senior Manager, Public Affairs in disseminating TREB media releases to the public and other promotional communication as directed.
- Keep current with all social media trends and integrate any new platforms or technologies as they become available. Research and propose new online opportunities.
- Carry out other duties that may be occasionally assigned by the Chief Government and Public Affairs Officer.
Post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate in public relations, marketing, communications, journalism or related field is an asset.
Minimum 1-3 years work experience and a history of active social networking online. Knowledge of the real estate industry and a customer service background is desirable. Familiarity with the internet, social media sites, search engines, discussion boards, blogs, video sharing sites and podcasting. Excellent writing, editing, video creation and editing, communication and research skills, with the ability to organize, prioritize and multitask effectively. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). A positive, energetic, and motivated team player who has the ability to deal with high pressure situations in a fast-paced work environment. Demonstrated ability to take own initiative and work independently
Special Working Conditions
Occasional working attendance at evening and weekend events with occasional out of town travel.
TREB offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are looking for an exciting career in a dynamic work environment, then look no further. The Toronto Real Estate Board offers a competitive compensation package including health, dental and travel benefits, tuition assistance and group RRSP plan among other benefits.