Req ID: 485709BR
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 390 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store is visited by 400,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for the development and growth of Walmart Canada’s social media channels with the purpose of building brand awareness, positioning us as an industry leader and driving traffic to walmart.ca. This role sits within the marketing department on the omni-channel team and directly reports to the Sr. Director omnichannel marketing.
1. Leads our social media strategy, designs and develops our overall social media strategy for organic and paid across campaigns and initiatives to improve brand awareness, expand our marketing message and engage our fan base through content.
2. Collaborates with internal cross-functional teams to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the social media space. Strategize, direct, and coordinate social media creative for always-on, seasonal campaigns and other marketing initiatives.
3. Creates a content calendar and publishes content through our social media channels to generate interest and achieve a high level of engagement within the industry and fan base.
4. Builds relationships with media partners (i.e., Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) in order to keep abreast of current algorithms and functionality.
5. Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports and insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
6. Leads on innovation and market first opportunities both internally as it translates to strategy and training, and externally through ongoing joint business partnerships.
7. Understands and applies social media strategy and creative execution as a part of the total Omnichannel customer experience and deeply rooted in PR efforts.
8. Develops, maintains and evolves content syndication planning in support of both small and large scale initiatives.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years
• Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
• Experience in sourcing and managing content development and publishing
• Understanding of PR and experiential marketing as applied both traditionally and via social media