ABOUT US (Zoocasa and RateHub)
Zoocasa is a leading Canadian real estate brand, providing Canadians with a smarter, faster home search by combining the best online technology with the best offline service.
Zoocasa.com is reinventing an outdated industry with a modern approach to real estate that marries modern technology with full service agents. We believe in industry innovation, high performance and maintaining a great workplace with spectacular colleagues.
RateHub.ca is Canada’s leading financial comparison site (like the Kayak or Expedia of financial products). We are passionate about helping Canadians make smarter financial decisions. Half a million Canadians come to RateHub.ca each month to compare mortgage rates, credit cards, savings accounts and GICs. We absolutely kill it on Google (seriously, search “mortgage rates”). And we’re growing! We just introduced free online credit scores to our product verticals.
RateHub and Zoocasa are sister companies with an office in downtown Toronto. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and resourceful individual to work on two recognized and growing Canadian brands. Our incredible team drives our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We’re a talented team of digital marketers, developers, designers and content creators who love sharing our expertise in personal finance and real estate.
- High performer: You’re not a 9-to-5er but a project completer
- Passionate: You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
- Selfless: You check your ego at the door and focus on what’s best for RateHub and Zoocasa
- Responsible: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve amazing amounts of important work
- Post-secondary degree: We value intelligence over relevance
- Experience: You have 2+ years experience in a role focused on social media, or PR with commensurate skills on social media platforms
- Marketing mind: You’re always in the headspace of the user
- Analytical: You can break down complex information into simple output that is easy to understand and make data-driven decisions
- Wordsmith: You can tell a story from beginning to end, and say what needs to be said in as few words as possible
- Visual storyteller: You have the vision to take any subject matter and create output that is interesting, relevant and visually stunning
- Quality control: You self-edit and submit only your best work
- Proactive: You are never idle and love being busy
- Resourceful: You don’t have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- Ensure online communications are accurate and correct, on-brand and compelling
- Monitor relevant news, new technology, leading and competitor brands, adapting best practices for social media
- Support the launch of new tools, the release of data reports and other content in order to drive traffic and capitalize on new opportunities
- Actively participate in relevant communities such as tech, real estate, communications or finance
- Manage social media platforms, with specific goals to grow followers, engagement and brand mentions across Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Plan, design and execute social media campaigns
- Work with our designer and photographer, where applicable, to create visuals for campaigns
- Create and execute a social media calendar for all platforms
- Manage content creation, approvals, posting and monitoring/reporting for all platforms
- Provide regular updates to the team on social media performance, and formulate ideas or make recommendations for new campaigns/approaches
- Actively seek opportunities for new tools and platforms to improve the companies’ performance with their online communities
- Ensure all social media updates and communications are on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and voice
- Create and deliver RateHub’s weekly newsletter
- Build, maintain and engage with a network of media, influencers, bloggers and clients
- Support PR outreach efforts with compelling online content
- Support building the companies’ profiles, as well as the individual public profiles of RateHub and Zoocasa leadership teams
- Competitive salary: We know it’s expensive to live/work in Toronto
- Interesting, challenging work: You will grow to be the best you can be
- Benefits: Health is wealth
- Casual dress code: If it’s good enough for you, it’s good enough for us
- Team socials: We love karaoke, murder mysteries and wine tours
- Office dog cuddles: She’s a charmer (see for yourself)!
HOW TO APPLY – READ CAREFULLY
“Go the extra mile, it’s never crowded.”
To apply, please submit your resume, links to any public social media profiles and a letter expressing why you want to work for RateHub.ca and Zoocasa.
Plus, please outline 2 to 3 initiatives or activities you’d include in a social media campaign to support the launch of free online credit scores, a new product for RateHub.ca. Please clearly identify the channels you would communicate through, and include some copy examples. In your outline, consider how social media will integrate with other marketing or PR activities as well. You can assume you have access to RateHub resources, such as a graphic designer and photographer.