- Leads, develops, edits and organizes content creation for the college website
- Also creates and reviews copy for other digital and print marketing communication materials for the college and its academic divisions
- Responsible for regularly reviewing pages across the web site in order to assure the highest standards in content creation and brand compliance, including consistency of voice, usability and usage standards.
- Responsible for creating new content and updating content for college-wide and corporate site pages as necessary, including home page.
- Monitors current website content status, identifying out-dated or missing content and identifying solutions for updating, including notifying page owners and working to resolve the issue.
- Makes changes to pages using Content Management System (CMS); monitors and reviews content submitted to CMS by other groups and edits as necessary (for voice, usage and SEO) prior to posting.
- Ensures all content owners and interdependencies are fully informed on status of content changes.
- Works with website management team on any changes requiring technical assistance and to resolve specific usability issues.
- Collaborates with marketing managers, group marketing manager in creation of digital and print collateral material for academic divisions and corporate departments
- Provides drafts and final copy to project owner for layout and production
- Coaches/trains others on writing for the web, copy writing and content management.
- Edits/rewrites materials produced by other Communications and Marketing Department members or other college sources, including proofreading of final copy; Ensures the writing style is consistent with the brand ‘voice’ and corporate positioning, usage standards and readability.
- Coordinates any outsourced writing projects for the Marketing department by: developing an understanding of project requirements and writing briefs for freelance writers as necessary; setting deadlines for freelance writer and following up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree from a recognized post secondary institution in Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing Communications.
- Minimum five years working experience in a corporate communications or public relations, print or web team environment, preferably in an educational setting.
- Demonstrated experience writing/editing tight, punchy copy for websites; web editorial experience is required.
- Strong writing, editing and communications skills.
- Proven Web and search engine optimization expertise.
- Demonstrated experience managing vendor and contractor writing resources. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and content management systems (preferably Ektron CMS) is required.
- Documented project management and report writing skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong research and organizational skills; ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively in a position with multiple dependencies, ambiguity and frequent change.
- Project, vendor and stakeholder management, analytics and measurement.
- Ability to work in an environment where a diversity of people and situations are encountered.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page