Mogo (TSX:GO) is a financial technology company building a digital financial brand for the next generation of Canadians by leveraging technology and design to bring a new level of convenience, simplicity and value to consumer financial services. With approximately 300k Mogo members and over 1.3 million loans originated since 2007, we are leading the shift in Canada as consumers begin to move away from traditional banking services towards a frictionless digital experience. We are transforming financial services by building the first digital platform designed to give Canadians convenient and controlled access to a range of financial products that make it easier stay in control of their financial health. We leverage big data algorithms and the latest technologies to greatly simplify and enhance the customer experience. With personal loans that help consumers get out of debt, and a free prepaid Visa card that helps Canadians control their spending, we’re building a digital financial brand that empowers a whole new generation of Canadians.. To learn more about Mogo—recently referred to as the potential “Uber of finance” by CNBC, Toronto Star, and others—visit mogo.ca.
Mogo is looking for a proven, innovative and ambitious Senior UX/UI Designer with a strong app design background. You practice user centered design methodologies and you know what great UI looks like. You are able to identify the full potential of a digital product and come up with great design solutions on user experience. You have a strong portfolio of amazing UX/UI designs and digital experiences, and a “roll with the punches” kind of attitude. The right designer will work within the design team alongside other senior designers and lead developers and collaborate with product owners to create UX & UI solutions for our online user experience. Check out the requirements below and if you have the goods, let us know.
What you’ll need:
- Degree in a design-related discipline (digital media, interaction design, etc.)
- 5+ years professional experience with UX/UI design
- Experience working within agile design and development teams and proficiency in industry tools including Sketch and Adobe Suite
- Advanced experience with tools and principles of user-centered design, human-computer interaction, human factors, information architecture, content strategy, usability testing, and UX best practices
- Experience in wire framing, prototyping, and user testing with advanced ideation skills, original thinking and an eye for innovation.
- Strong understanding of how design choices translate in development, with a passion for data-driven designs, and ability to support UX & UI solutions with data & research
- Ability to take feedback, without ego, and turn it into rock-solid design solutions.
- Experience and high comfort-level when working with stakeholders to gather requirements, perform user research, and write/maintain user acceptance criteria
- Ability to translate research and requirements into specifications and prototypes that can be referred to by our front-end and back-end development teams during implementation
- A multitasker, comfortable juggling multiple projects and requirements with the ability to shift between projects at a moment's notice.
- Willingness to go above-and-beyond required tasks and prescribed duties when required, with the ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills