We’re hiring a motivated and exceptionally skilled senior UX Designer to join our design team.
As a User Experience Designer at Thinkific, you will be helping to identify and develop new features and improve our existing product based on deep insights from our users’ behaviours and needs. You've got a wide range of stunning UX/UI designs and digital experiences under your belt and can turn data-driven ideas into a delightful journey for our users. You've got a sharp eye and you're a stickler for following user-centered design methodologies.
As a member of the design team, you'll work closely with a friendly, collaborative, fast-paced team, without egos. We strive to find the right solution above all else, and we appreciate attention to detail and a passion for beautiful products.
Things you will be doing:
- Advocating for good user experience across our platform
- Taking end-to-end responsibility for projects, from research phase to delivery, including:
- Conducting user tests and user research
- Identifying design problems and devising elegant, user-centric solutions
- Translating research concepts into wireframes and final designs
- Sharing and reviewing your designs based on peer feedback, user research, testing, and user feedback
- Collaborating with the product team to make your vision a reality
- Helping to create a coherent design pattern system to help create a consistent user experience across the platform
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in designing beautiful digital products (SaaS experience a plus).
- A portfolio of wireframes, mock-ups, and live projects that you can speak to confidently
- Excellent visual design skills, with a focus on UI
- Expert level understanding of user-centered design and end to end iterative UX process, including personas, user journeys, wireframing, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Experience conducting user tests and user research
- Experience designing for mobile (familiarity with Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Google Material Design and responsive design)
- Expertise with prototyping and design tools (Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Photoshop, etc.)
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making with front-end developers, engineers, researchers, customer success, and other disciplines (we love design sprints!)
- You can confidently make your designs a reality with HTML, CSS and JS
- You have experience creating design style guides
Why we think you’ll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, high performing team focused on building best-in-class software in order to grow our company
- We have plenty of office snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer to keep you fueled
- We offer a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, and an open vacation policy
- Celebrate & get to know your peers with monthly and quarterly team events
- We have an amazing existing team of really talented engineers, marketers, and customer success people that want to work with you