Senior Search Marketing Strategist full-time
Reporting to the Director of Digital Product Management, and working closely with Product Managers, the Optimization and Analytics Manager, business, and technology stakeholders, the Senior Search Marketing Strategist will be responsible for online audience acquisition through on-page and off-page SEO strategy and execution, oversight of PPC strategies and vendor management, optimization of campaigns against cost efficiency and conversion, analysis, and reporting on flagship lines of business for key stakeholders. The Senior Search Marketing Strategist’s core competencies will help Metroland lines of business generate more revenue from their digital properties and increase online visibility.
THE JOB IN A NUTSHELL:
- Responsible for defining Search KPIs with relevant stakeholders, benchmarking and setting targets, formulating organic and paid search strategies, and overseeing execution to deliver on goals.
- Create the on-page and off-page SEO strategy and manage execution for flagship digital properties, including but not limited to; site architecture; URL structure; content optimization; keyword analysis; meta tags; pagination and categorizing; canonicalization; article submission; social media optimization; blog strategies; link building; video marketing.
- Work closely with paid search vendors to outline strategy, define goals and reporting requirements, and manage performance
- Track paid and organic search across analytics accounts
- Analyze competitive environments, traffic patterns, and trends to identify opportunities
- Provide SEO best practices training for sales, editorial, and technology teams.
- Build strong relationships with internal business, product, and technology stakeholders
· You bring deep experience in search marketing, with an intuitive understanding of user search habits, and the ability to plan and execute successful strategies and campaigns.
- 3+ years of experience in search strategies for high-traffic websites and mobile sites.
- You are a wizard with Google and Bing Webmaster tools, and know how to: create tags and set up accounts and profiles, build and analyze advanced segments, implement conversion tracking. Omniture Sitecatalyst experience an asset
- Well-honed project management skills
- Are an experienced user of third-party SEO/SEM tools such as: Adwords Editor, SEOMoz/SEOBook, and other bid optimization, link and crawl rank tracking tools.
- Current and curious about Search-industry news, algorithm, and technology changes.
- Deep understanding of online media trends
- Team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to provide stakeholders with long term, strategic search plans, and short term rescues
STUFF THAT’S NOT ON A RESUME:
- Proactive and confident with a strategic mindset, your passion is contagious and your conviction is well warranted
- Open minded and intellectually curious, not just about work, but about life in general
- You are very entrepreneurial with a bias for quick action and you have the ability to influence others and drive results
- Mature, honest and hard-working, yet light-hearted. People love working with you as you bring energy, insight and a collaborative mindset to the table
- Fearless and driven yet, patient; someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- The opportunity to be part of a company at the cutting edge of the digital media industry; you’ll never get bored in our fast-paced, constantly evolving and challenging environment
- We’re focused on helping you develop your career; our innovative and forward-thinking culture is fostered by learning and development
- We recognize that you have a life outside of work and we offer you real work-life balance
- And let’s not forget the awesome people!