We are iA Clarington
And we will be invested in you
As one of Canada’s leading investment management companies, iA Clarington brings clarity, integrity and commitment to a complicated global investment landscape. We believe passionately in the value of active management, the investment products we deliver, and the importance of maintaining unwavering attention to both the big picture and the smallest details. Home to a number of highly respected portfolio management teams, together, we earn the trust of advisors and investors by bringing diverse investment views forward through our broad selection of offerings.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc. – Canada’s fourth-largest life and health insurance company – iA Clarington offers a wide range of investment products, including actively managed mutual funds, managed portfolio solutions, socially responsible investments and target date funds.
The Product Management & Marketing Team at IA Clarington Investments is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Senior Product Marketing Manager. Reporting to the Product Marketing Lead, the primary responsibilities for the role include developing, managing and executing sustainable, high-impact product marketing campaigns and support for IA Clarington Investments’ mutual funds and product service offerings. The role demands product positioning and analytical acumen, proven experience establishing and managing successful product promotion activity and support, and direct experience liaising with product managers, senior level management and portfolio managers. The successful candidate will excel at fostering effective team-based collaboration to drive timely, relevant, evidence-based positioning for IA Clarington Investments’ products.
- Develop and execute high-impact product marketing support programs and initiatives for the company.
- Deliver best-practice concepts for product marketing support. Maintain support for established support and programs.
- Oversee and facilitate the production of assigned industry-leading product marketing support for Independent and Affiliate channels, partnering with sales to ensure maximum relevancy and impact across both channels, with unique programs where required.
- Partner with marketing in establishing the company’s product promotion calendar and process, including the development of a scalable suite of relevant product marketing support material.
- Work in conjunction with product managers to develop unique product positioning for the entire product line.
- Actively maintain support programs for funds in focus.
- Socialize and actively promote product marketing programs and support approaches with key stakeholders including senior level management across the sales, marketing, product and investment management teams.
- Develop product marketing plans and lead the product marketing components of fund launches collaborating with product development, product management, marketing and sales teams.
- Deliver marketing briefs to the marketing team to guide the creation of product marketing support, including actively guiding content requirements through the development process.
- Develop excellent working relationships with senior sales management, wholesalers and inside sales reps to generate insights and feedback – enhancing the relevancy of product positioning and sales support.
- Partner with marketing and sales to drive efforts to effectively integrate product marketing support into National Sales activities.
- Partner with the marketing team to plan and integrate product promotion into broader marketing and advertising activities.
- Liaise with product managers to create timely, tactical product and market commentary to supplement core product management commentaries and reporting.
- A University degree with an emphasis on Marketing, Business Administration or Economics.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive marketing and/or sales experience, with at least 5 years of product marketing/product management experience in the financial services/asset management industry.
- Strong analytical capabilities with a deep knowledge of mutual fund performance and sales trend metrics.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets, investment products and the advisor sales model.
- Proven product marketing and communications capabilities are critical.
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- The ability to multi-task and re-prioritize.
- Proven success collaborating with sales, marketing, product management and investment management teams in forging co-operative relationships.
- Superior relationship management skills at multiple levels.
- High standards of quality control and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience using Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct an asset.