Reporting to the Director of Marketing, and Digital Communications, the Senior Web Developer/Team Lead is responsible for departmental website development, and programming and scripting using the .NET framework and the C# programming language, within Centennial College’s existing Content Management System (CMS) in addition to developing web forms using PHP and ASP, integrating scripts within a MS Access database. The incumbent will also be responsible for acting as the team lead and final approver for all content and images used online and for analyzing website traffic statistics to uncover usability issues and to make recommendations to resolve issues as needed.
- Uses application development techniques, and scripts to integrate new interactive features to Centennial College’s corporate website, myCentennial , and Intranet
- Identifies programming inefficiency’s in both the core CMS application and the scripted add-ons and prepares resolution plans and scripts and implements the best solution
- Supports database information integration (SQL server, myCentennial) with web enabled applications
- Provides technical support, programming services and advice to program clients in developing applications for information collection and distribution
- Designs graphics and manages style sheets for the three Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Maintains the colleges online program database including content updates (as per MTCU requirements), and the use of videos and images
- Tests software applications and content pages created by clients and program staff to ensure they are technically appropriate and to ensure compliance with the college’s defined standards and guidelines for application development
- Acts as the key liaison between the college and its service providers to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of web site content, layout, and imagery
- Acts as a resource to client program areas to identify opportunities for publishing information (including integration of internal databases) accessible to the web
- Assigns department administrator and editing permissions and recommends levels of access based on user familiarity and Web skills
- Promotes content pages through development, and test to production servers according to college approved promotion policies and procedures
- Produces content and design for top-level pages, college features and special events, ensuring that images and content are current and accurate
- Manages content for news, featured stories, and events pages, writing and/or editing content when necessary.
- Manages navigation for all levels of the site, maintaining first level, and/or second level navigation pages, and working with department contacts to ensure that navigation through all pages is user-focused and follows best practices for Web usability.
- Trains users in the use of tools to access web resources by developing training materials (written and computer based) on web publishing and browsing, providing technical support on web authoring tools and preparing articles and frequently asked questions (FAQs) for user newsletters and self-help documentation on the intranet and internet.
- Three year diploma or degree in Computer Science or Interactive Multimedia or applicable combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- A minimum of 5 years of practical work experience with programming languages including SQL, .Net, JQuery, J2EE, Java, MySQL, and C#, client technology, content management systems, and web development
- Experience with HTML5, ASP, JSP, XML, DHTML, and VB Script
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing print and online materials
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven problem-solving/analytical skills with a keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn independently with strong initiative, and flexibility to adapt and work with new processes and changing technology.
- Flexibility to effectively handle multiple tasks with concurrent/conflicting deadlines within given objectives, work plans and deadlines.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working effectively in a diverse environment