Ryerson is Canada's leader in innovative, career-focused education and a university clearly on the move. It is a distinctly urban university with a focus on innovation and entrepreneurship. Ryerson has a mission to serve societal need and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community.
Guided by a bold Academic Plan, an ambitious research agenda, and a Master Plan to revitalize the campus and surrounding neighbourhood and reshape the downtown core of Toronto. Ryerson is the most applied-to university in Ontario relative to available spaces, and its reputation with business and community leaders continues to rise.
Ryerson offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs. Culturally diverse and inclusive, the university is home to 38,950 students, including 2,300 master's and PhD students, nearly 2,700 faculty and staff, and more than 140,000 alumni worldwide. Research at Ryerson is on a trajectory of success and growth: externally funded research has doubled in the past four years. The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education is Canada's leading provider of university-based adult education. The university's focus on innovation and entrepreneurship is represented most distinctly by the Digital Media Zone, a place for students to collaborate and bring their digital ideas to the marketplace.
Senior Marketing Officer
The Senior Marketing Officer is responsible for the development and implementation of integrated marketing initiatives for various stakeholders within the Ryerson community. In this role, the Senior Marketing Officer acts as the primary liaison for specific clients within Ryerson to help achieve objectives and develop a strong and effective identity while ensuring efforts are aligned with institutional brand strategies. The Senior Marketing Officer will assign, coordinate and provide guidance to the Marketing Officers and Production Coordinator.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in Business with a major in Marketing, Communications or a related field is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A strong knowledge of marketing principles, print and digital production, strong strategic, execution and decision-making skills, project management, analytical and problem-solving skills is required, as well as excellent oral and written and presentation skills.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in a marketing communications/advertising agency, or similar environment, is required, with strong knowledge of developing and executing marketing plans and strategies.
- Experience providing guidance, assigning and coordinating the work of others is required.
- As well, this position requires experience in advertising, digital and social media, website management, brand development and identity, budget management, stakeholder and community relations, market research and the development of marketing collateral.
Note: Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through occupational testing. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of dependability / reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
Qualified OPSEU members will be considered before members of other employee groups.
Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.