Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing - Health & Wellness, the Senior Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for the execution of assorted Loblaw Companies Limited marketing activities according to strategic objectives within pharmacy for Shoppers Drug Mart, as well as special projects spanning across the Loblaw enterprise with respect to Health & Wellness. Projects include the planning, coordinating, and executing of marketing activities as well as the monitoring and updating of operational, logistical and communication elements relating to these initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for specific marketing projects as assigned including those of a national, regional or local scope.
- Execute programs, according to timeline and budgetary requirements. Build, update and communicate project schedules and briefs according to project objectives.
- Support Manager in execution of campaigns. Respond to marketing objectives as provided by various business units, including Pharmacy.
- Ensure consistency and integration of initiatives across all corporate marketing and communication channels.
- Develop, review and approve marketing materials (POP material, website, and other marketing executions).
- Liaise and collaborate with internal groups: Category Management, translation, legal, creative, digital, merchandising, store planning, promotions, operations/regions, call centre, marketing communications, corporate organizational development, public relations, in order to develop, communicate and execute “store-ready” programs in an effective and timely fashion to support business growth.
- Review and maintain the reporting metrics that measure the effectiveness and ROI of marketing activities and programs based on key performance drivers.
- Develop and manage various project budgets, and day to day accounting requirements.
- Monitor competitor activity.
What You'll Need:
- A passion for marketing and Loblaw businesses and brands.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant, applied marketing experience in packaged goods, retail, health or product/brand/project management.
- Excellent project and time management skills with capacity to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced work environment, on regulated subject matter.
- Ability to work with, and influence, a variety of Centres of Excellence (COEs) in a collaborative manner.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to own and manage end-to-end smaller scope programs
- Ability to compose clear and accurate documents; edit and/or proof-read.
- Communicate with confidence & clarity; one on one, in group situations, or over the telephone.
- Adaptable and able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Ability to deliver day to day business administration, timeline management and plan execution
- Ability to manage/update budget and report
- Successful execution of projects
- Contribution to the achievement of business and marketing objectives
- Contribution to plan development
- Ability to work well with colleagues
- Organizational skills
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.