As part of Diabetes Canada; The Clothesline Program offers our employees are part of diverting over 100 million pounds of clothing from landfill each year and converting their efforts into allowing 1, 600 children with diabetes to attend D-Camps each year, where they and their families learn to live and thrive with their diabetes.
Every year, our drivers provide The Clothesline Program with the ability to support 11 million people living with diabetes through Research, Advocacy, Education and Services.
As an employee, you are part of our national coverage in 2, 500 communities, with 28 Operations and 100 Trucks. Our team works hard to deliver these outstanding results and are offered meaningful work, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our partners.
The Senior Manager, Marketing’s key accountabilities are to: Develop & deliver the annual plans and revenue goals for marketing campaigns and initiatives on behalf of Diabetes Canada/NDT (Clothesline). Support the development of the marketing portfolio strategic growth plans. Deliver marketing plans, budgets and results that drive share (Clothesline), brand objectives, and Diabetes Canada revenue generation activities. Own and/or influence all elements of the marketing mix (promotion/advertising, distribution, product/service news, pricing).
About The Senior Manager, Marketing Role
Some highlights for this Senior Manager, Marketing role include:
Strategy and Planning
- Deliver annual plans for marketing campaigns and initiatives, often in partnership with agency, as well as external and internal partners
- Recommend strategy to grow and optimize the CDA and Clothesline brands as part of annual strategic planning process/alignment
Develop annual brand plans for innovation, promotions, and services or value-adds provided by CDA
- Develop market research initiatives, financial projections, including financial analysis of brand profitability
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications (M&C) team and other internal teams to develop robust & viable sales offerings and gain approval of new sales tools for the field
- Develop brand promotions and enable cross-brand promotional opportunities; recommend promotional calendar that supports seasonal and account-specific programs
- Develop brand advertising strategy, including development of advertising copy and media mix
- Create professional development plans for marketing team members
- Provide step-up opportunities to develop members of team
- Ensure clarity of responsibility and facilitate accountability for marketing team activities
- Provide functional expertise and leadership for brand management
- Participate on various organization teams / collaborative pods
- Help elevate critical processes to support the marketing effort
- Build organizational excellence
- Provide critical linkage from team activities and results to MLT/ELT and the Board as required
- Lead monthly contingency planning
- Develop reporting of monthly brand facts and progress against targets
Develop insights from the following sources:
- Market data
- Competitor intelligence
- Primary consumer insights
- Primary customer insights
- Selected secondary consumer/customer reports
- Brand financial data
- Develop selling strategy with Business Managers
- Collaborate with Corporate Development on customer-specific partnership and promotion opportunities
- Work effectively with internal teams to ensure efficient product development.
As the successful candidate for the Senior Manager, Marketing role you will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5-10 years relevant professional experience.
- Experience in both digital and mobile and have been a contributor to the overall customer journey experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to pivot and problem-solve
- Not afraid to try new things – driven to constantly improve results
- Progression of successful accomplishments in marketing that includes the identification and commercialization of a significant line extension, new product or major new marketing program that delivered target business results. The ideal candidate will have progressed through the marketing ranks at a top-tier health charity or for-profit enterprise. National experience desired.
- Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Superior strategic thinking and planning
- Overall business knowledge and holistic general management approach
- Ability to nurture and contribute to innovation and creative solutions
- Economic value creation mindset
- Superior leadership skills
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver target results
- Strong verbal and written communicator to wide breadth of audiences including senior management
- State-of-the-art functional marketing expertise
- Lifelong learner and strong people developer