STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 700 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
We currently have an opening in Vancouver, BC for a Senior Manager, Inside Sales. The Senior Manager, Inside Sales is a member of the Sales Management Team and is responsible for all aspects of managing a team of Inside Sales Representatives including the setting of sales strategies aligned with corporate goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and coach, using best practices, a team of Inside Sales Representatives located in Vancouver and US offices.
- Work with North American Sales Managers and Inside Sales Managers in international offices, to develop, implement, and monitor sales strategies that ensure attainment of opportunity, revenue and departmental goals.
- Responsible for training and development of the global Inside Sales Team.
- Collaborate with field sales and marketing leaders to develop and optimize processes and strategies for building and maintaining the demand generation funnel.
- Align sales strategies with marketing activities so as to optimize lead quantity, quality and revenue generation. Provide timely and relevant feedback on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Work with Information Technology/Systems and other departments to ensure Inside Sales Team’s current and future technology requirements are met.
- Recruit, hire and train Inside Sales Representatives with a view to building a pipeline of customer focused employees who will grow with our business.
- Annually propose staffing plan and review structure for the Inside Sales Team to meeting the growing and changing needs of the company.
- Identify and make recommendations in the areas of process, efficiency and productivity for the global sales team.
- Develop, monitor and report on global Inside Sales KPIs.
- Build strong territory teams through leadership and coaching.
- Prepare and present the Inside Sales strategy at the biannual sales meeting.
- Conduct and document performance reviews (quarterly goals and bi-annual reviews); make compensation recommendations for direct reports in accordance with company policies and practices.
- Assess and evaluate training needs of direct reports; ensure training and development needs are met within department plans and budgets.
- Ensure all corporate and departmental policies and procedures and legal obligations are understood and followed by team members.
- BSc in the biological sciences or a related field is mandatory while a graduate degree (MSc or PhD) is preferred.
- In depth experience with Salesforce.com CRM tool
- Proven ability to drive sales performance.
- 5+ years management experience with a track record of managing highly motivated individuals.
- Broad scientific knowledge and technical experience with the use of STEMCELL’s products.
- Strong leadership and team building abilities.
- Superior organizational and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.