Senior Manager, Entertainment Marketing (English Services) - TOR08271
Job Family: Revenue
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
What You’ll Do
We are searching for a dynamic, strategic and creative marketing leader with a love for all things entertainment to play a key role in driving audience growth and engagement at CBC! Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, you will lead marketing strategies for all CBC entertainment video content and brands across all media platforms while collaborating with programming, product and marketing teams across Canada.
We are looking for someone with strength and experience marketing a wide range of entertainment genres with proven results to help CBC reach Canada’s diverse audience on a growing range of platforms. Staying ahead of industry trends and tactics is essential. If you’re the successful candidate, your energy and strategic focus will inspire your immediate team as well as others across CBC
Drive, initiative, creativity, strategic thinking, sound judgment and thought leadership are all critical components to this position as well as being equally comfortable in both a highly collaborative environment and working independently. You value diversity of thought and experience and strive to create a work culture that is highly collaborative, inclusive and respectful.
- Leads Marketing teams in collaboration with partners in Creative, Research, PR, Programming, Media Solutions (sales and distribution), Business Intelligence and Media Planning to build effective multi-channel marketing strategies and campaigns against key entertainment programming properties and partner content for CBC Television, CBC Gem and CBC.ca
- Work with complex data sets to extract insights from performance to produce actionable, repeatable and scalable outcomes.
- Works with strategic partners both internally and externally to develop and nurture relationships
- Manage media sponsorships, partnerships, deliverables and post reports
- Liaise with external clients, agencies and product teams to identify and capitalize on new cross-platform audience engagement opportunities which contribute to success and enhance the CBC brand.
- Anticipate future requirements and determine appropriate action, ensuring that implementation and management of plans both support priorities and effectively leverage resource
- Provide thought leadership and industry insights to support / lead special projects, new initiatives and innovation opportunities
- Provide direction to staff in order to achieve desired results. Advise, guide, and assess performance. Participate in discipline when required
- Plans, forecasts, monitors and administers assigned marketing budget(s)
- Working independently or as part of a team, may be required to coordinate and execute major internal and external functions including internal and off-site events and presentations on behalf of CBC
- Regularly required to work outside of regular work hours including weekends
- Ability to travel as required
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Position requires post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing / Advertising, Creative disciplines, Business or other related discipline(s)
- Minimum ten years experience delivering cross-platform strategic planning and campaign executions - specific entertainment media / entertainment marketing experience preferred - and a minimum of five years experience managing teams
- Sound judgment with the ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and tight deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with both traditional and emergent content development and distribution platforms
- Demonstrated experience and proficient understanding of analytics and segmentation targeting in data-driven decision making, testing and iteration
- Demonstrated ability to develop focused creative / strategy briefs aligned with content vision and identified KPIs
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of social media platforms
- An acute understanding of how to help create personal relevance through marketing campaigns and experiences across varied audience communities
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills, relationship management, negotiation and leadership skills. Ability to develop and maintain professional business relationships with partners, specialists and regional colleagues, and manage through influence. Tact and diplomacy required.
- Demonstrated understanding of key drivers and opportunities within both Canadian and international content marketplaces
- Experience working with and leading external vendors and agency relationships, suppliers and event teams;
- Demonstrated creative and strategic thinking, with superior writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively maximize available resources
At CBC, we recognize that everyone has a different path when it comes to building their skills. We value diversity of thought and of experience. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning, and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.