Senior Manager, Entertainment Marketing (English Services) - TOR06790 full-time
Senior Manager, Entertainment Marketing (English Services) - TOR06790
Job Family: Communications
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
An exciting opportunity for a strategic marketing leader to play a key role in driving growth at CBC! Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, you are a passionate, experienced marketer committed to excellence who will champion CBC’s strategy, direction and growth by overseeing our entertainment and content marketing strategy and execution.
The successful candidate will bring a wide range of expertise in building and executing reach, retention and engagement marketing strategies for linear and over-the-top television, short form digital series and film properties, developing engaged fan communities, and extensive expertise working within the entertainment marketing industry on multiple platforms.
As a key member of the Communications, Marketing, Brand & Research team at CBC, you will work in collaboration with all business units as a senior leader, advisor and influencer within the Corporation and with external production partners, agencies and content creators. Drive, initiative, creativity, strategic thinking, sound judgment and thought leadership are all critical components to this position.
- As a leader within a collaborative, agile and integrated marketing team, leads all entertainment program branding, marketing strategies and campaigns across all platforms to meet or exceed objectives.
- Collaborates cross-departmentally and externally to align strategies and ensure consistent branding across all audience touch points.
- Working collaboratively with internal and external PR teams, oversees the development and execution of industry-facing marketing strategies including event sponsorships, activations and industry profile.
- Working independently or as part of a team, may be required to coordinate and execute major internal and external functions including internal and off-site events and presentations on behalf of CBC.
- Liaisons with internal and external production teams, creators, and agencies to strengthen relationships and create positive collaborative initiatives to drive success.
- Anticipates future requirements and determines appropriate action, ensuring that implementation and management of plans both support priorities and effectively leverage resources.
- Advises, guides, and assesses performance for teams of marketing professionals.
- Required to work outside of regular work hours including weekends as required.
- Plans, forecasts, monitors and administers assigned marketing budget(s).
- Ability to travel as required.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- Seven to ten years experience in network, studio or agency environment(s) delivering professional integrated marketing services that demonstrate development and execution of a wide range of successful marketing strategies and innovation across multiple platforms.
- High familiarity with and / or experience working within the over-the-top video environment and business strategies.
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to lead multiple concurrent projects and deadlines within a high pressure environment.
- Extensive demonstrated experience with brand and marketing campaign creation and management in the broadcast and film industry.
- Possess wide range of established industry contacts – production, industry, network.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience using data including audience segmentation, insights and measurement to drive decision-making.
- Experience working with digital products, services and community development.
- Experience managing teams and guiding the growth and development of emerging leaders.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in an ever-changing, ambiguous environment.
- A proven track record of innovation, creative thinking and leadership, unafraid to take strategic risks and try new things.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with strong project and people management skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.