We’re hiring! The Hatchery is a young, full-service advertising agency located in Victoria, BC. We’re growing quickly and are looking for a full time senior graphic designer. With a number of large brand engagements, ongoing website/interaction design and our own internal brand to keep up with, we require at least 5 years of graphic/interaction design experience with agency experience (i.e. fast-paced, eclectic client mix, working with other designers, getting shut down by clients sometimes) a huge plus.
We are hoping to fill this position immediately, the sooner the better. A positive attitude, a willingness to lead by example, and an ability to communicate with and manage remote clients are all part of the job so please be ready!
- Graphic design experience (Minimum 5 years)
- A diploma or degree in graphic design or equivalent (and proven) work experience
- Experience defining corporate brands and collateral rollout (Minimum 3 years)
- Experience planning and designing websites is a must (3 years minimum)
- Expert with Adobe CC suite of products (Specifically Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign)
- Experience with Sketch is a bonus
- Experience in print production and management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to self-manage projects internally and externally (Contractors, clients, suppliers)
- Basic understanding of G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive)
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented, ability to manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure
Bonus Points for:
- Intermediate understanding of photography
Experience shooting and editing video
Strong traditional skills like drawing and painting
Having run your own business or worked as a freelancer in the past
We’re a young agency with many years of past-life experience. We’re growing quickly and have maintained a well-balanced approach to our work and work philosophies. Only experienced designers with strong portfolios will be considered at this time.