After starting with one shop in the early 1980s, FCL has enjoyed remarkable growth to become a $15 billion business consisting of more than 30 brands. As one of the world’s largest travel agency groups, it has company-owned operations in 11 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 75 countries. It employs more than 16,000 people globally and has a total of 2500 stores.
Our rapidly expanding network now extends throughout Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, South Africa, Hong Kong, India, China, Singapore and the United Arab Emirates, providing travelers with a complete service.
Flight Centre Canada, has been ranked one of Canada's 50 'Best Employers to Work For' in MacLeans magazine, for the last thirteen consecutive years (including the number one position in 2002). For four of the last eight years, the organization has been in the top four!
The Flight Centre Artworks team is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer specializing in brand management (12 month maternity contract). The position will be Monday – Friday onsite at Flight Centre’s downtown Vancouver head office starting mid-August.
The Artworks team is responsible for the production of brand accurate print collateral for all Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) brands. Artworks consistently achieves high results in customer service and globally in the brand accuracy audit. The team works closely with Marketing and has unlimited growth potential in the areas of web design and publication production.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with the following skills/qualifications:
- A diploma or degree in graphic design or equivalent work experience
- Senior Graphic Design experience (minimum 3 years)
- Experience working with corporate brand management (minimum 2 years)
- Strong print production skills (prepress, file output and photo manipulation)
- Proficiency in Mac using Adobe CS6 (InDesign style sheet experience required)
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Discipline in the deployment of FCTG business model and systems
- Communication, presentation, relationship building and persuasion skills
- The ability to be detail-oriented, multi-task and work under pressure
- Self awareness, self esteem and personal discipline
- Determination to succeed and personal drive
- Adaptable and open to change
- The capacity to work strongly in a team environment.
We want to hear from you if you love what you do, and are a meticulous multi-tasker who can work well under pressure when faced with competing priorities. You will have a strong command of the English language, be a highly organized individual, and you’ll fit in well if you are accustomed to working as part of an energetic, supportive team of design professionals.
Please provide 2 examples of corporate brand style guided artwork with resume.
Applications closing date: Friday, August 1st, 2014
Position Start Date: Monday, August 18st 2014
If you're ready to set yourself up for success in a career that can take you around the world - Apply Now!