Sierra Wireless is building the Internet of Things with intelligent wireless solutions that empower organizations to innovate in the connected world. The Internet of Things is the next stage of the information revolution where everything from urban transport to medical devices to household appliances will be inter-connected. Building innovative wireless solutions is in our DNA. We have the wireless technology and the global team to deliver. With a 20-year history of innovation in the wireless space we have been first to market with many technology solutions for global customers.
We have a 1 year contract Graphic Designer opportunity for a creative thinker who conceives original solutions and brings them to life for Sierra Wireless. With your ability to match strategic direction with appropriate design solutions, you will have the opportunity to manage multiple projects from concept through to production and engage other team members as needed.
You also project manage your graphic design requests and are accountable for ensuring projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality standards. You have experience working in a technology environment and can demonstrate your ability to turn complex technical concepts, diagrams or ideas into simple visual designs that are easily understood. Your visually impactful aesthetic and attention to detail, combined with your ability to bring design concepts to life combined with a strong work ethic, are essential.
Graphic Design Management:
- Manage graphic design processes and systems
- Assign, monitor and manage multiple projects to deliver on-time, on-budget and to high quality standards
- Ensure a detailed understanding of project filing and archiving protocols, following agreed conventions at all times
- Provide direction to junior design team members and contractors
- Work with suppliers to ensure marketing materials are cost-effective
- Continuously identify opportunities to create additional value, improve processes
- Develop relationships with internal stakeholders as well as select external vendors
Graphic Design Execution:
- With the design team, manage design projects from end-to-end including consulting, designing, working with project team and/or vendors, quality assurance, archiving files, press checks and managing print/reprint requests
- Translate complex ideas into simple messages for a B2B technical audience
- Create marketing materials for use across print and digital channels: websites, emails, banner advertising, event graphics, reports, datasheets, brochures, print advertising, PPT, stationary
- Create illustrations and icons for use in print, web, software applications, videos, podcasts and training
- Apply brand identity systems, typography, photography, color and other ingredients appropriately to create innovative visual solutions that meet business and user needs
- Continue to evolve Sierra’s brand. Evaluate our visual language (color palette, logo, font, etc.) across a range of media (print, online marketing, website, etc.) and share insights with the team. Explore typographic, photographic and color treatments for the brand that clearly distinguish Sierra Wireless.
- Ensure compliance with Sierra Wireless brand standards. Compare the brand’s expression across different channels and identify consistencies & inconsistencies, etc. Document stylistic rules.
- Research and develop design solutions in accordance with budget limitations and project objectives
- Strike the right balance between creative requirements and business requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- Versatile and multi-faceted, with equal strength in both print and digital design mediums Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design
- Minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience, preferably with some team leadership
- Understanding of effective B2B and technical marketing
- Proven experience in translating complex ideas in technology and software into simple messages and visual interpretations
- Experience designing materials for international audiences in Europe and Asia, understanding considerations for localization.
- Knowledge of design theory, colour theory, illustration, typography
- A deep understanding and experience with responsive website design, UI design and web technologies
- Expert knowledge of print technologies and current design trends
- Strong typesetting and typographical skills
- Superior template design and PowerPoint design skills
- Advanced proficiency in the most current design and production software tools including, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience in establishing standards of design and production values for print and digitally based projects, including creating design concepts, preparing roughs and comprehensive layouts, working within established parameters of audience, budget, channel and marketing strategies and objectives
- Demonstrated experience in helping to define and roll out branding strategy and visual identity, and of establishing and ensuring compliance with brand guidelines
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Strong client relationship skills to discuss project needs and options, analyze and interpret requirements from a design perspective, assign and maintain ongoing contact throughout process to ensure satisfaction
- Developed communication skills and ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Meticulous organization skills, ability to manage multiple projects and highly accountable
- Passion for design and eagerness to mentor and elevate with other creative people
- Demonstrated experience in PC environments
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and video editing software is an asset (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Flash, Adobe Premiere Pro 9)