Primary Purpose of Position
The Senior Graphic and Web Designer will work within Organika®’s Marketing and Graphics Department and create graphic designs for marketing material, packaging and labels, advertising material, as well as assisting in the updating and maintenance of the Company’s websites and social media sites. The ideal candidate will ensure consistency of the Company’s brands, effectively juggle multiple tasks and projects, and meet tight project deadlines.
- Participate in design sessions and contribute creative concepts and constructive and objective input.
- Create designs that are consistent with Organika®’s branding guidelines regarding look, feel and tone.
- Work closely with the design and product teams to create digital and print materials such as flyers, posters, email marketing campaigns, and landing pages, from concept to completion.
Required Skills and Training
- Graphic Design diploma or Bachelor’s degree/community college diploma with 3+ years design experience.
- Expertise working with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign).
- Excellent design skills, including typography, layout, colour, user interface & navigation.
- Able to design for cross platform compatibility.
- Experience with pre-flighting and prepress printing is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions while keeping a keen attention to detail.
- Mobile and Tablet testing is a plus.
- Experience with branding and identity design is a plus.
- Video experience is a plus.
- Photography experience is a plus.
- Creative thinker, self-starter, driven, and professional.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Works well independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient on Mac and PC operating systems.
- Able and eager to learn new technologies as needed.