Title: Senior Director, Marketing & Brand Management
Union/Afilliation: Administrative and Professional Staff (APSA)
Biweekly Hours: 72
Closing Date: January 23, 2019
Serving as the institution's top brand ambassador, the Senior Director, Marketing & Brand Management will develop, implement and evaluate a strategic marketing strategy to forge a unified image and messaging to enhance university prominence while responding to emerging opportunities. This role will ensure alignment between institutional priorities and marketing goals of key areas, such as Beedie School of Business, Student Services (recruitment), Continuing Studies and University Advancement, among others. With a need to balance the routine with the exceptional, the ideal candidate will be creative, collaborative and opportunistic in leveraging relationships and networks to ensure the broadest awareness of the strengths and achievements of SFU within B.C. and across the globe. Sh/e will be an experienced marketer with proven capabilities in campaign development and innovate approaches to the marketing mix including paid media and promotions. Tested expertise in market research and evaluation, as well as empowering staff in that pursuit, round out the record.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and 15 years of related experience in marketing and marketing communications in a complex matrix organization, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven track record of leadership of marketing functions and campaigns within complex organizations including measureable results.
- Proven ability and success in brand development and brand management.
- Ability to communicate with and present to senior leadership, including the ability to develop and deliver complex materials.
- Demonstrated success creating effective marketing plans and programs, including objective-based campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to work with peer managers to enhance business process with cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to establish short and long range goals and operational benchmarks.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical reasoning, organizational, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in the use of current marketing applications, systems, and tools.