Senior Digital Marketing Strategist
Bring your digital marketing strategist expertise to the Communications Services Branch with the Ministry of Natural Resources.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- strategically plan, coordinate and implement traditional and digital marketing initiatives and strategies
- implement and maintain a strategic and coordinated approach to ministry marketing operations
- manage and market the Ministry's visual identity across the province
- plan and coordinate market research to assess and advise senior management on evolving marketing/advertising trends, potential new opportunities, options and technologies to support the Ministry's profile
- lead the coordination and integration of all marketing communication tools, functions and sources within the Ministry
- act as the Ministry's liaison with ad agencies and other marketing related vendors
- develop and recommend an annual marketing and advertising plan
- provide guidance to staff in coordinating graphic, audio and video designs
- coordinate public exhibits and trade shows to target audiences and new markets
Location: 99 Wellesley Street West, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have proven knowledge of social media principles and marketing
- you have demonstrated knowledge of digital marketing methods and procedures to research and assess data on marketing potential and recommend new strategies, tools, options and approaches to management
- you have knowledge of creative graphics and digital imaging software to provide advice on creating graphics, audio and video designs and in publishing graphics and promotional materials
- you have strong knowledge of advertising and marketing industry, including processes, techniques, language and key firms
- you have creativity to develop marketing plans and digital media strategies to generate interest
Analytical and Policy Development Skills:
- you have demonstrated policy development skills to recommend new/revised social media marketing and advertising objectives, policies and procedures
- you have strong analytical skills to identify and assess new directions and trends in the field of communications and to assess and review marketing campaign effectiveness
Planning and Organizational Skills:
- you have strong planning, project management and organizational skills to plan, prioritize and coordinate content for both public/internal web site, web applications, social media site, campaigns and special projects for the Ministry
- you have strategic and operational program planning skills to develop strategies to optimize performance and fully respond to the Ministry's communication needs and provide input into the annual planning process
- you have oral communication and presentation skills to provide advice to clients, stakeholders and management on digital marketing strategies and opportunities and liaise with the Cabinet Office and government wide digital communications committees
- you have written communication skills to write/edit marketing materials and content for the web and social network sites
- you have customer service and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with internal clients and contribute to committees
- you have negotiating skills promote the Ministry to the public, tourists, business sponsors, retailers, potential partners and other key stakeholders
• Please include in your resume, URLs to three online digital samples of projects you have contributed to.
Salary range: $1,382.53 – $1,723.51 per week
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.