LOCATION: Richmond, BC, Canada
SALARY: Subject to experience
HOURS: 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
POSITION: Senior Graphic Designer
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ASAP
START DATE: ASAP
A great opportunity for a Senior Designer - if you’re talented enough!
We are looking for a gifted Senior Designer (SD) with a can-do attitude to join our outstanding design team. If you have a solid foundation in design, you could be a perfect fit for Opacity Design Group (ODG). You must have a proven track record in delivering results on a consistent basis, someone who has great enthusiasm and is willing to take complete responsibility for a design project. This is an opportunity for a driven and experienced designer to step into a role that’s ripe for growth.
Senior Designer – Job Description
The Senior Designer (SD) establishes the conceptual and stylistic execution for projects and campaigns. The SD will report to ODG’s Management Team while working in conjunction with the Director of Strategy & Design and Junior Designers on all design solutions, including, but not limited to, print and digital including brochures and environmental solutions, web, interactive and mobile screens. The SD collaborates with the entire creative team on overall cross-media solutions, as well as attends client presentations and industry events as required.
- Be completely responsible for the development of design themes and concepts, ensuring all assets are designed to the very highest company standard and within allocated budgets and timeframes.
- Be able to effectively visualize and create concepts into the end product, giving direction on photography style, imagery, typography, navigation, etc.
- Take responsibility for your designs by overseeing and advising Junior Designers and Developers during the entire process, with particular attention to consistency.
- Confer with creative, copywriting, or production heads to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts, and to execute creative activities within scheduling requirements.
- Mentor / supervise Junior Designers and support all members of the department.
- Attend and contribute during conference calls or face-to-face meetings with clients.
- Provide the Sales and Management Team with support where required.
Skills and Qualities:
As well as being extremely driven and having a desire to develop your skill set and grow with this successful company, the ideal Senior Designer will:
- Have 5-7 years experience working as a Senior Designer in the industry and a deep expertise of best practices
- At home with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Work effectively in all situations – completely unaided or working collaboratively within a larger design team, and with other departments, vendors and trade partners
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and independently prioritize tasks
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Strong conceptual thinking both visual and interactive
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Strong attention to detail and focus
- Knowledge of responsive web design and multi-touch devices
- Ability to create and direct user interaction (architecture and functionality)
- Understanding of analytics for web and mobile