Due to growth we have need for additional design talent. This position is a 6 month contract position. Qtrade’s Senior Designer is responsible for designing and producing brand assets to build and support Qtrade’s brand across all divisions. Qtrade’s Senior Designer applies creative skills, along with technical expertise to produce design solutions for various marketing/communication tools including corporate documents, collateral, promotional items and websites The Senior Designer will often collaborate with and support Qtrade’s Principal Designer. This position reports to the VP, Marketing and works closely with other members of our Marketing group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create design layout and provide design solutions for various marketing/communication tools including corporate documents, collateral, promotional items and websites.
- Ensure designs are consistent with corporate quality, brand and image standards, as well as meet objectives and overall project goals.
- Effectively create and/or extend existing brand throughout designs.
- Design, cut and optimize web graphics,
- Interpret and reflect business needs in an industry appropriate manner.
- Contribute original ideas and creative solutions to solve design challenges.
- Review and provide design guidance to team and/or outsourced resources.
- Clearly communicate design concepts to the team and incorporate design feedback.
- Review, improve, refresh designs for print collateral and websites.
- Work within project schedules and deadlines.
- Various projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
Skill Requirements and Qualifications
Skills and Expertise:
- A portfolio of web-based and print design work that demonstrates creative flair.
- Minimum of 7 years work related design experience (probably a mix of agency, corporate and freelance work)
- Proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite - such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, DreamWeaver and Flash - including advanced image creation, editing, manipulation, and optimization techniques.
- Proven experience applying theories related to colour schemes, use of space, text placement, usability and visual flow.
- Strong knowledge of pre-press and preparing files for print.
- Understanding of HTML, DHTML, CSS and other current web languages and standards would be an asset.
- Experience working with a web development team as well as non-technical clients would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong time and project management skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
- Detail oriented - able to see projects through to completion with high accuracy.
- Willingness to multi-task and must be flexible to take on varied responsibilities.
- Formal education (at college or university level) in new media or traditional design.
Location: Qtrade Financial Group is located at Bentall One, corner of Burrard and Pender (block away from Burrard skytrain station).
Qtrade Financial Group and its many Credit Union partners provide a fully comprehensive wealth management offering that encompasses a holistic member-centric experience delivered through a network of investment professionals. The commitment of this partnership is to combine personalized advice with award winning products and services, which include investments, financial planning and insurance that focus on clients/members’ needs. Qtrade Financial Group offers comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to both the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. Qtrade currently administers over $6 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries.