Senior Customer Insights and Marketing Specialist - 12 Month Contract
Purpose of the Job:
As part of the Product Development and Innovation team and reporting to the Senior Manager, Product Development the Senior Customer Insights & Marketing Specialist will be responsible for applying research expertise and providing strategic direction and leadership to market research initiatives.
The primary focus of this role will be to manage all member research initiatives including research design, vendor sourcing, execution and interpretation and integration of findings back in to the business.
Senior Customer Insights & Marketing Specialist will also be responsible for the design, execution and tracking of targeted member marketing programs to support the acquisition, onboarding, growth and retention of Meridian members.
This position drives key strategic insights for Meridian to support new product development and strategic decisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in the marketing team and across the business to identify the key questions and recommend appropriate research methodology (qualitative, quantitative, primary or secondary) to capture the insights needed to move the business forward.
- Manage all aspects of maintaining and working with our Meridian member research panel to support initial research needs for product and offer development
- Provide expert advice concerning the marketplace, customers and competitors and be the knowledge centre for market research intelligence.
- Play a leadership role in the execution of key market research projects: from conception to completion, design of methodology and the analysis, interpretation and communication of results.
- Manage relationships with outside research vendors for custom and syndicated studies
- Provide recommendations on segmenting members / prospects by various profile and behavioural characteristics to support key business and marketing objectives
- Manage and implement the execution of data-driven marketing campaigns for all retail, small business & commercial member segments and oversees campaign development and production process including opportunity scoping, lead identification, list production, execution and monitoring, channel strategy recommendation, channel lead deployment and pre/post campaign analysis.
- Assess proposed product enhancements and member insight needs, and make recommendations regarding most appropriate research methodology to address needs given available time, budget and scope
- Inform decisions around large marketing investments by assisting marketing communications team in constructing and completing the Brand Equity & Advertising Effectiveness Analysis working with external research supplier
- Make recommendations on data-driven member segmentations and channel communication tactics to enhance response rates for targeted marketing programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- University or College Degree in Marketing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in market research, developing research approaches
- Some previous experience working with financial services highly beneficial but not mandatory.
- Strategic analysis and insightful interpretation of research findings
- Academic and practical experience with a wide array of new product, brand, advertising and customer satisfaction research methodologies
- Customer segmentation, Test & Control design
- Ability to be conversant in quantitative research as well as proficient in statistical analysis
- Ability to translate business objectives into detailed research and data specs and back again
- Ability to support other team members in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and be comfortable with reprioritization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and provide project plans and timelines for partners and management
- High attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about their work and willing to go the extra mile
Experience the Difference!
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.