Quarry is the buyer experience agency for savvy marketers who want to transform their brands. Our clients span a broad range of industries and audiences, with one element in common: all market highly engineered goods and services across a complex buying journey. Celebrating our 40th year in business, we recently won Marketing Profs’ B2B Marketing Agency of the Year.
Currently, we’re seeking a highly skilled, versatile writer with leadership experience to head up our content creation team. The successful applicant will enjoy continual opportunities to learn and to share expertise, stretch creative muscles every day, and work in a fantastic loft-style space in lovely St Jacobs, Ontario.
What you’ll do:
- Write compelling copy for print and digital media (email, online, trade pubs, advertising, videos, print DM, radio) and for multiple purposes (brand building, content marketing, demand gen)
- Translate product-speak into real-world benefits across longer formats like tech sheets, advertorials, presentations, case studies and whitepapers
- Collaborate with strategists, experience designers and creative directors
- Imagine and articulate original, strategy-based, persuasive creative concepts
- Juggle the requirements of multiple clients, both internal and external
- Provide both formal and informal coaching for 5–10 team members
- Review/edit/direct day-to-day work of content creators and freelancers as necessary to ensure every job gets done well, on time and on brand for our clients
What you need:
- 8+ years of professional writing experience, ideally in a B2B marketing environment
- Thorough understanding of how audience, context, media and purpose influence the creation of relevant content
- Ability to thoughtfully provide (and receive) constructive feedback
- Experience in managing a small team of creative professionals
- Capacity to work under tight timelines and competing demands
- Stellar interpersonal skills
- Boundless curiosity and joy in learning
If you want to grow your writing career in a dynamic, collaborative atmosphere where you’ll mentor smart people, contribute to strategy and campaign planning and create resonant content across media––and you have the experience, storytelling chops and writing skills to back up your desire––then you could be a great fit to join our team.