Senior Communications Officer - Digital Marketing (English Services) - TOR04853
Primary Location Toronto
Unposting Date Aug 12, 2015
Status of Employment Contract, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
What You Do
Initiates, creates, plans, produces and implements digital marketing strategies in support of CBC content with a focus on network digital objectives. Work must conform to, and respect CBC program and journalistic policies, standards and practices, as well as the ethics related to advertising standards. There is an expectation of initiative and creativity, as well as the requirement to demonstrate good judgment.
- Support CBC’s Digital Priority Promotional Calendar across all content areas, working closely with Marketing and Digital teams to plan content for CBC’s owned Digital & Social channels
- Manage the execution of digital marketing (mobile, social & web) campaigns as required, implementing strategies defined/developed for digital-exclusive content (apps, web series, etc.)
- Create and distribute CBC newsletter
- Develop Social concepts and approaches for existing @CBC Parent Channels (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) and explore/recommend strategies for new platforms (eg. Tumblr, Snapchat, etc.)
- Identify existing audience members and manage @CBC brand Superfans database, develop and execute engagement and outreach initiatives and foster ongoing relationships
- Develop and implement targeted social influencer mapping strategies to identify new audiences, create tailored on-line experiences, foster brand engagement and enable ambassadors
- Oversee Surprise & Delight initiatives Social/Digital contesting
- Coordinate regular reporting of Audience Benchmarks and network-wide KPIs (Reach, Retention & Engagement) and Support standardized @CBC analytics (weekly, quarterly and campaign reports monitoring CBC’s owned channels, along with competitor analysis)
- Assist in development and regular updating Social Media Employee Guidelines
- Assist in implementing internal Digital & Social Marketing tutorials/training (basic and advanced)
- Update and maintain shared Social Media resources (i.e. Social Media House Rules, Best Practices for talent, How-To Guides for internal teams, Graphic Design Style Guide, etc.)
- Assist in the development and execution of industry-facing strategies including events, sponsorships, and appearances
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment; pitching ideas and working with the ECMB team to identify promotable stories a definite asset
- As required, researches information regarding special projects, new initiatives and administrative matters
- As required, liaisons with external clients, agencies and trade media to build relationships, successfully execute projects and enhance the CBC brand within digital marketing sector
- Other related tasks as required
- University or Community College Graduation in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related discipline
- Five years of experience in communications, promotions, and marketing, primarily focused on digital initiatives
- Demonstrated creative and strategic thinking, with superior writing and editing skills and demonstrated success in crafting dynamic and persuasive social media materials
- Active, highly skilled (as required) and highly familiar with multiple digital platforms and on-line communications tools (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Conversocial, Hootsuite, Expression Engine, YouTube, etc.) and digital marketing industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and as a collaborative member of a team or cross-departmental teams
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate the complexities of established, new and emerging digital platforms and products
- Excellent planning and organizational ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to multi-task and manage high volumes of incoming information on a variety of social media platforms with deadlines
- Ability to work shiftwork and provide off-hours coverage (evenings, weekends, etc.) is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated knowledge of CBC content (TV, Radio, Digital, other)
- Ability to provide support in a variety of roles in a team environment
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.