Experience a career like no other at BCLC.
Be part of a dynamic work environment in an exclusive industry. As a BCLC employee, you'll be respected for your talent, encouraged to succeed and challenged to do your best every day.
A top employer, BCLC is recognized across Canada.
For the second year in a row BCLC has been officially recognized as one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada for 2011. In addition to being named to the Top 100, BCLC received top provincial honours for the fifth year in a row, as well as being named a Top Employer for Canadians over 40 and a Top Family-Friendly Employer.
Senior Brand Manager, Lotto 6/49
The objective of the Senior Brand Manager role is to oversee highly specialized marketing work for a lottery product within a category to drive growth and maximize revenue and profit. Is accountable to achieve broad results for the lottery product or group of products and is responsible for developing highly complex and innovative brand strategies, programs, plans and events while upholding BCLC’s commitment to social responsibility. The role provides informal functional leadership to the organization; leading cross functional projects, coaching/mentoring Brand Managers and acting as the subject expert/senior specialist to the organization on lottery marketing related matters.
- Leads, and is accountable for, the development of diverse, creative, and highly complex and specialized brand plans and strategies for assigned portfolio. Provides significant inputin the development of overall marketing strategies for the category.
- Proactively and reactively provides innovative marketing solutions and identifies opportunities and enhancements by using highly advanced analytical, conceptual and imaginative techniques; conducts significant research, identifies future trends and best practices to developing marketing approaches; facilitates and leads collaborative brainstorming and analysis with the team and demonstrates significant creativity in developing broad, future focused marketing and communication strategies with organizational impact.
- Provides significant input into strategic business plans and product plans. Highly involved in forecasting financial resource and operational needs for expenditures and budgeting within the assigned portfolio and the department.
- Proactively builds, develops, maintains and manages strong working relationships with various internal departments, in addition to various suppliers, advertising agencies, media, community, regulatory and government bodies, to ensure successful development and execution of marketing plans and initiatives.
- Provides on-going coaching and leadership to Brand Managers throughout the category but also throughout the Lottery Marketing department on all marketing related matters. Informally supports Brand Managers in their development and growth.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Degree or diploma in a marketing or business discipline
- 5 to 7 years current, related experience within a marketing environment
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Expert knowledge of principles, concepts, practices and techniques in the areas of brand management or product management.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans.
- Proven experience at the brand manager or the marketing specialist role(s).
- Excellent innovation in problem solving and demonstrated analytical thinking.
- Ability to validate product proposals against business needs, strategize solution implementation and identify implementation risks.
- Proven leadership, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task with close attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite).
- Advanced understanding of lottery gaming, and the entertainment trends both within BCLC and other jurisdictions.
- Solid comprehension of Gaming criteria under the Criminal Code of Canada preferred.
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry an asset.
At BCLC we offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salaries, variable incentive program, flexible benefits and rewards that come with being integral to our innovative and growth-oriented environment.