The Senior Marketing Manager for Consumer Enterprise Group is primarily responsible for all consumer marketing based programs for the respective categories in Canada designed to deliver on key marketing and sales division annual KPIs. They are also a member of the Samsung Canada Marketing leadership team charged with guiding the overall marketing programs for the company as whole, and developing the marketing capabilities of Samsung Canada at large. This position reports to the Head of Marketing for Samsung Canada, and also has a strong collaborative relationship to the Digital Appliance leadership team.
The position is responsible for creation and implementation of consumer focused marketing programs plans that drive brand preference and demand for Samsung products.
- Develop and execute Consumer Marketing Strategies that align to divisional goals and objectives.
- Partner with Product Marketing in developing campaign strategies that support product launches and on-going business needs. Ensure alignment among senior management.
- Development and execution of communication plans across multiple channels including, but not limited to, broadcast, print, in-store, on-line, events and PR.
- Oversee executional detail of these plans including budget management, fulfillment management, development of creative briefs and messaging documents and timelines.
- Leverage Marketing Intelligence insights to optimize strategy and executional elements.
- Manage outsourced resources such as Agencies and third party vendors.
- Manage direct reports including project guidance, training and performance appraisals.
A key member of Marketing leadership team contributing insight, efforts and capability building with the overall marketing team
Product Line Marketing Performance
- Support the creation of an annual Marketing Strategic Plan and Business Review to deliver on key Marketing and Divisional Sales revenue in the upcoming year
- Working as part of the Consumer Business Teams, act as the consumer focused marketing expert for the overall Consumer Business sales division regarding consumer insight, shopper behavior, competitive factors, product marketing programs including advertising, in-store, online, PR, promotions, market knowledge/intelligence, social marketing, trade shows, media, and others as they arise
Sales Team Engagement
- Be regularly engaged with the key leaders of the other functional areas within the Consumer Business Division offering advice, insight and efforts to the overall management of these business in areas beyond consumer marketing
- Work with key regional sales teams and field marketing reps to develop and implement support programs that are consumer focused
- Actively participate in all key meetings including business reviews, Supply chain management, service and others as they arise
- As required meet with key customers to discuss marketing program development and implementation. These meetings can be as part of other overall SECA – Customer meetings or on your own as required.
Samsung International Engagement
- Maintain an engaged relationship with counterparts in Samsung America (SEA) in New Jersey, Global Corporate Marketing Organization (GMO) in Korea, and the Global Business Units (GBM) in Korea to identify key programs for reapplication, and to secure funding
- Work closely with key agencies in Media, In-store, Creative, Online and PR to develop and implement programs and promotions. Able to lead the creative development process, as well as the executional delivery activities
- Effectively recruit, manage, train and coach direct reports
- As a key member of SECA’s marketing leadership team, contribute to the overall development of the staff and agency partners through coaching, recruiting, training and others
- Lead functional area initiatives that transcend beyond the Consumer Business areas of expertise such as: media management, youth marketing etc. as determined based on skill areas and development areas
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in training and experience
- Strong understanding of marketing brands sold through retail and online channels
- Must have Microsoft Office Suite of PC software applications experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preparation skills.
- Capable of creating and maintaining a complex Marketing Strategy, Plans and Programs
- Minimum 8 years of experience in brand management within a consumer context in Canada
- Experience must include proven performance in original consumer advertising & media development, retail/shopper excellence and digital/social marketing
- Experience managing a direct report team
- Working in a matrix environment within a function supporting a key sales division
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact comfortably with a wide range of levels in organizations: from senior executives to support staff within and outside of the company
- Strong oral and written communications skills, presentation skills
- Must be highly self-motivated, personally & professionally resilient and capable of working independently and collaboratively
- Must be capable of planning, organizing and prioritizing multiple and simultaneous projects and assignments