Search Marketing/Social Media Specialist freelance
Canadian Sports Online has an immediate and awesome work-from-home position available for you if you are a Search Engine Marketing/Social Media Specialist with the flexibility to expand or contract hours based on client needs and the desire to join a successful, bursting-at-the-seams on-line publishing firm. We anticipate that you will put in an average of 10 hours per week but then growing the time commitment considerably over time! We are confident that you will want to grow with us. It's sports!!
We are a Toronto based online publishing firm that provides online banner advertising opportunities to entrepreneurial, target specific organizations within the sports industry. Working with Canadian Sports, you'll join a talented team of seasoned marketing professionals that serves a rapidly growing client base. You will enjoy the flexibility of a fast-paced, virtual environment, the opportunity to contribute to marketing in a sports environment, and the camaraderie of collaborating with a team of sports oriented people who love what they do and have fun doing it.
Because we are looking for more than just a set of professional skills, we invite you to respond if the following characteristics describe you as a person:
- Self starter who takes initiative and is able to work well virtually
- Loves to get things done, move projects along, get great results
- Strong social skills
- Positive, upbeat personality
- Flexible, willing to jump in
- Open minded, willing to learn/try new things
- Committed to producing high quality work
- Team player
- Common sense, practical, make sound decisions
- Customer focus, responsive
- Sense of humour
You are the ideal candidate if the following describes your skills, experience and education:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 3-5 years of relevant experience with a sports bent (particularly hockey)
- Strong in search engine marketing/optimization (SEM/SEO) - understands keyword research, longtail phrases, search volume, link building and competition
- Creative, critical thinker with an ability to see opportunity areas and make recommendations from an SEO perspective, user perspective and to some extent a business perspective
- Developing social media strategies and opening/managing social media accounts
- Understanding of small to midsized businesses and how entrepreneurs think
- Working knowledge of HubSpot is a plus but not required
- Must have functioning Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin accounts, and a blog. We prefer someone with a background in Marketing and PR or a recent graduate with a BA in Business and Marketing. This would be a perfect starting point for a recent college graduate or a paid summer intern position for a third year Business and Marketing student.
- Hours will fluctuate based on your availability and timing/types of projects and clients. Average of 10-20 hours per week to start.
- Equity contract position
- Must have home office with appropriate technology