At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself. Take risks. Collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
Re-toucher / Graphic Designer – EA Vancouver
Electronic Arts, the world’s leading independent developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for mobile, personal computer, and advanced entertainment systems, is looking for an experienced Re-toucher (with a basic working knowledge of graphic design) to join the Experience and Brand Design team, primarily in support of the EA SPORTS FIFA franchise. This team is a close knit group of high performing, diverse, functional experts who are passionate about winning as a team. The group loves sports, video games and pop culture and takes tremendous pride in collaborative work and relentless growth as world class marketers. Successful team members have shown the ability to fit within a team-based environment, to be highly adaptable in a constantly changing industry, to have a blend of book-smarts and street-smarts, and to generally carry positive energy that benefits the greater team. As a Re-toucher, you will be responsible for partnering with our screen capture artist to create compelling and high quality image assets promoting the FIFA game. You will also help design and finalize marketing and promotional assets across all media types.
- In partnership with the capture artist and other stakeholders, create unique imagery and design solutions that fit into the marketing goals and brand values of the franchise
- Utilize relevant toolkits to make sure your executions are on brand and relevant
- Design with the knowledge of both HD and Mobile parameters
- Create online/console image assets for banner, email, social media, landing pages, and in game campaigns.
- Take loose requirements from marketing teams and turn them into effective marketing creative that effectively engages a target audience.
- Track and manage projects from start to finish independently using a central project management software system.
- Create impactful visual assets for presentations and other marketing activities.
- Ensure that creative is compliant with licensor guidelines.
- Work closely with others on the team; you should want to inspire and be inspired.
- Provide marketing and design support when needed.
Skills and experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience as a Re-toucher/Finisher at an agency and/or internal marketing team is ideal. Ability to manipulate and enhance images from start to finish and comprehend their role in the larger design systems.
- Solid communication skills – must be able to communicate ideas both visually and verbally.
- Strong understanding of current events in FIFA is preferred.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with good time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Proficient in both working with constructive feedback and explaining design rationale to fit a communication hierarchy.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work to strict deadlines within a fast paced environment.
- Advanced skills in Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Knowledge of 3D software also a bonus. Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Video game enthusiast and knowledgeable about mobile and HD platforms preferred is preferred.
- Experience in building visual presentations and storytelling via powerpoint is a plus.
Portfolio will demonstrate
- Strong photography and composition skills; ability to compose excellent visual images and scenes, and an eye for detail and style, as demonstrated by a top-rate demo reel or still image portfolio
- Strong technical skills in Photoshop and ability to apply real life photography methods in a 3D space
- Excellent design, typography, and layout skills. Be creative and bring a fresh perspective while working within brand and project guidelines.
- Ability to communicate clear product positioning and messaging that is emotionally impactful
- Where possible, examples should include integrated campaigns including banners, landing pages etc. to demonstrate specific channel executions within a broader design strategy
B.A. in Graphic Design.
Additional experience in related fields a plus.