The National Ballet of Canada, Canada's premier ballet company and one of the world's top international dance companies, is looking for a Publicity Coordinator to join our dynamic Communications team.
Under the leadership of Karen Kain, the company is experiencing an unprecedented level of artistic excellence, attracting some of the world’s most sought after choreographers, mounting spectacular new productions, and touring to the most important dance centres in North America and abroad. The need to stay ahead in public relations and social media is paramount in ensuring Ms. Kain’s powerful artistic vision reaches out to the broadest potential audience.
Reporting to the Publicity Manager, the Publicity Coordinator will assist in the implementation of a strategic public relations plan for The National Ballet of Canada.
- Assist in creating interesting and creative stories and angles that promote the National Ballet, productions and artists
- Respond to daily media inquiries, research media contacts and maintain up to date media database
- Plan and coordinate announcements, opening, events, video and photo shoots and interviews, and key National Ballet initiatives
- Assist in the creation and distribution of materials, including media releases, listings, photo ops, invites, credit pages and bios
- Manage photo and video database, including organizing approvals, ordering and inputting
- Liaise with various internal departments to support overarching objectives of the Communications department
- Track media coverage, mount and post daily clippings and prepare media summary reports
- General administrative duties as required
- Post-secondary education Public Relations or Communications, or related field
- One to two years’ publicity experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude with ability to build a rapport with the media
- Team player, able to multi-task and produce under high pressure situations
- Creative and strategic thinker, with the ability to consistently deliver new ideas
- Strong Microsoft Office skills with an exposure to video and Photoshop an asset
- Understanding as well as an appreciation and passion for the performing arts
- Able to work evenings and weekends, as required during the performance season