Proposal Writer / Marketing + Communications
The office of mcfarlane biggar architects and designers (omb) is looking to expand their marketing team. We are looking for someone experienced in proposal writing for Architecture, with excellent communication skills and team spirit, who has the ability to manage their work and deliver excellent results on simultaneous assignments under tight deadlines. The primary position would be to assist in writing and editing for architectural proposals, submissions, website etc. However, the role could expand into other areas of marketing and/or graphics depending on the candidate’s skillset. We are open to discussing either a contract or a full time position.
- Collaborate with the Principals to establish direction and content and then developing, formatting and editing all written content for various written communication. Materials would be predominantly proposals but would also include content for award submissions, brochures, presentations, other marketing materials for talks, presentations, website, marketing books, social media, invitations etc.
- Coordinating printing, assembly and delivery of proposals and submissions with the team.
- Graphic design and formatting/production of materials to support written content would be beneficial and would expand the role.
Required qualifications include:
- Post-secondary education in Writing, Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Architecture or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience, proposal writing experience is desirable.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Graphic design experience is beneficial
- Adobe CS Suite and Microsoft Office required.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet deadlines in a calm and organized manner.
- Background or experience in Architecture/Engineering/Design environment is desirable
omb is an award-winning full service design studio, offering an integrated approach to architecture and interiors. Creative collaboration forms the foundation of our studio culture and supports a wide range of project types and scales. Current work includes civic, cultural, transportation and academic buildings, together with several single and multi-family residential projects.
Reference our website at www.officemb.ca for further information.