Proposal Manager – Marketing full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 20,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the world’s top 25 banks. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, Raleigh, Halifax, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and have been recognized with numerous awards, including Company of the Year award from the BC Tech Association (2016), Private Business Growth Award (2015), Canada’s 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014-2015), Deloitte Technology Fast 500 in North America (2011-2015), Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2014), Ingenious Award (2014), Canada’s Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Canada’s Best Managed Companies (2013-2014).
With over 400 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create innovative technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is 100% privately held and employee controlled. We develop, own and operate every aspect of our services, with no reliance on outsourcing or third-party subcontractors. We are not venture capital dependent, making us a truly Canadian organization.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
We are looking for an experienced Proposal Manager to help our Business Development team compete for and win new business. The Proposal Manager will lead and manage all aspects of the proposal process, including requirement review, strategy, scheduling, information gathering, and writing and editing of proposal content.
This is a great opportunity for an excellent writer, strategic thinker, and project manager with initiative and good judgement.
- Lead and manage responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQs), and other requests for information on corporate capabilities
- Analyze customer requirements and inputs (verbal or written) to develop a strategy and win theme(s) for each proposal
- Produce compliant, persuasive, and accurate proposals to win large and strategic accounts
- Write, edit, and proof both technical and persuasive proposal content.
- Work with subject matter experts and executives to develop and fact-check content
- Develop and manage content for a proposal knowledge base
- Review proposal processes and tools and implement improvements based on industry best practices
- Work some evenings and weekends, as required to meet deadlines
- Assist with additional marketing and sales support activities as required
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in English, Journalism, Communications, or other related discipline
- Knowledge of proposal best practices, APMP Certification preferred
- 5-10 years of proposal development experience, including at least 2 years of experience as a proposal manager
- Independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal or no supervision.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Equal degree of comfort with both technical and persuasive writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to translate complex technical topics into polished and concise writing appropriate to the intended audience
- Ability to work with and influence all levels of staff, including executives and senior subject matter experts, without direct authority
- High level of comfort in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Ability to independently research and quickly understand unfamiliar technical concepts
- Willingness to work irregular hours to meet deadlines
- Close attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Strong judgement and ability to analyze and handle complex situations
- Even tempered and calm under pressure
- Ability to develop and maintain a broad knowledge of Global Relay technology, services, operations, and business strategy
- Flexibility to take on new assignments and responsibilities as needed
- Financial sector or government RFP experience is an asset
- Work experience in the tech industry in an asset