ERA is a heritage architecture firm based in downtown Toronto. We specialise in heritage architecture, heritage conservation, adaptive reuse, urban and rural planning, landscape and urban design. Our staff include architects, planners, designers and project managers who work collaboratively and creatively on hundreds of active projects.
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the executive team, project managers and finance staff to support project acquisition by preparing Request for Proposal (RFP) and request for quotation (RFQ) documents, extra services work orders, and other procurement materials.
As the ideal candidate, you have excellent communication skills, excel in multi-tasking and prioritizing work in order to meet multiple - and often competing - deadlines. You have concise communication ability, are efficient and accurate at writing detailed proposals, but also comfortable creating spreadsheets, schedules and flowcharts to summarise project information. Your organizational skills are intensely rigorous, yet you have the sensitivity to adjust to the needs and schedules of a busy office. Overall you will coordinate the proposal process from start to finish to ensure consistent, competitive and accurate development of proposals and related materials.
- Manage the preparation, production and delivery of proposals in response to direct client requests and formal RFPs, including managing an effective Go/No-Go process, writing, editing, and coordination with in-house staff and outside consultants;
- Coordinate and lead project team meetings as required throughout proposal development process;
- Identify opportunities as posted on procurement websites such as Merx and Biddingo;
- Assist in developing proposal concepts by identifying opportunities and competitive strategy in a manner that is responsive to client requirements and is consistent with ERA’s goals and standards;
- Evaluate and catalogue precedent collateral and narratives for relevance and applicability to new leads, including project profiles, project descriptions, staff resumes, and brochures;
- Create new collateral as required including writing, editing, and graphic design;
- Research clients and competitors to understand their environment, requirements, and other factors that will assist in developing key client relationships;
- Record and track proposal results in coordination with finance team;
- Track, triage and report on proposals on a weekly basis, including inputting information in customer relationship management system.
- Experience working independently to develop proposals in response to formal Request for Proposals (experience developing Provincial and Federal level proposals would be an asset);
- Experience in the development of project budgets, quotations and contracts;
- Experience coordinating with teams (both internal and external) to prepare proposals, reports, grants, or similar;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, lead processes and take ownership of work;
- Experience developing project-specific promotional materials, key selling points and product differentiators;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, a keen attention to detail under tight deadlines;
- Excellent writing, editing and research skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to work with confidential documentation and matters;
- Five years’ employment in a related field demonstrating hands-on practical experience;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign);
- Experience in a marketing role within an architecture field would be considered an asset;
- Knowledge or interest in architecture, city building, the cultural sector or heritage preservation work would be considered an asset.