Flatiron Constructors Canada Limited (www.flatironcorp.com) has a great opportunity available for an energetic Proposal Coordinator to join its proposal team in Richmond, BC. As a Proposal Coordinator, you will work with our business development, engineering, and estimating staff in compiling, editing, and writing proposal documents.
- Assist the Proposal Manager or Vice President of Business Development in coordinating with others to compile and track materials for proposals per deadlines, ensuring that client's request for proposals are fully met
- Assembling proposal documents in various software formats, and working with others assembling proposal documents, in professional and PR type documents that are marketing quality products
- Write and edit project summaries, resumes of project personnel, and other supporting information
- Ensure that the proposal material being presented is consistent with the requirements of the bid or of the potential client
- Compile technical writing based on summary points or examples provided by others
- Proofreading, editing, and standardizing proposal text for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension, and style
- Internal communication of bid results
- Effectively communicate with proposal teams and colleagues, as well as other stakeholders
- Participate in the development of tools and processes
- Compile internal intelligence such as past history with the client for proposal decisions and strategy
- Maintaining registration in relevant organizations / associations (for example, Road Builders Association)
- Performing other related duties such as involvement in special projects, assistance with creating marketing materials, and attendance at various meetings or functions
- Updating of Vision Database for project tracking
- Some travel may be required for this coordination role
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron’s company values and strategic plan
- Support published corporate policies
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Marketing, Communications or a related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2+ years related experience creating, writing and editing proposals for a large scale construction, engineering or design firm
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Professional (InDesign) and MS Office Suite is required
- Working knowledge of Vision Database is an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with both internal and external client groups
- Ability to translate complex ideas into easy to understand language or graphics
- Ability to analyze projects to identify bid strategies and develop solutions
- Superb team player able to excel in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize work based on changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed or required by project or proposal deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
This is an opportunity to join one of North America’s leading transportation, energy and water infrastructure contractors. Founded in 1947, Flatiron has grown geographically over the years and now employs more than 2,500 people and builds some of the most complex and noteworthy transportation and infrastructure projects in the U.S. and Canada. With a construction volume of more than $1 billion in 2012, Flatiron develops innovative solutions to construct large-scale infrastructure for both public and private clients. Flatiron is constantly ranked in the Top 50 Contractors, Top 10 Bridge Contractors and Top 20 Transportation Contractors by leading industry publication Engineering News-Record. Flatiron was named 2013 Heavy Civil Contractor of the Year in Alberta by Merit Contractors Association and the Alberta Roadbuilders and Heavy Construction Association.
At Flatiron, we believe that our people are our greatest asset. The company is dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining future generations of leaders. Flatiron has won numerous employer awards, and was most recently named a 2013 Best Workplace in Canada by the Best Place to Work Institute and a 2013 Best Workplace for Young People in Canada by Canada’s Top 100. Flatiron has made the list of BC’s Top Employers two years in a row.