Promotions Director full-time
Location: Vancouver, BC
Company Name: Corus Radio Vancouver (http://www.rock101.com)
Category: Business Dev/Sales, Marketing
Corus Radio Vancouver has an exciting opportunity for a Promotions Director with ROCK101 in the Vancouver office. Reporting to the Program Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing both station and client promotions and assisting all areas of the Promotion Department.
- Develop, construct, implement and manage all programming and sales promotions
- Develop and execute all Major Station BBM Promotions in cooperation with the Program Director. Produce all major station events each calendar year.
- Develop support, manage and mentor ROCK101 promotions coordinators.
- Working with Sales Promotions Manager to develop National client based promotions.
- Work closely with Local Sales Manager to develop local client promotions.
- Working as a liaison to station partners, promoters, events, clients, etc to secure sponsorships and strategic affiliations.
- Manage and maintain a well trained and effective station promotional street team.
- Manage all details related to trafficking and scheduling the station Promotional Calendar with Creative and Traffic departments.
- Order and secure all details related to out of station live Broadcasts and special events.
- Work with the interactive team to manage all promotional assets including.Social Networking, Wireless, Listeners clubs and website.
- Actively recruit members for the ROCK101 Promotional team on a weekly Basis.
- Work with the other promotional Directors in our cluster fro promotional synergies and share resources.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be Creative, outgoing and have major market Radio experience : Minimum 2 years
- Possess a solid understanding of the business of radio and selling media.
- Leadership qualities and desire to take initiative and mentor others..
- Must be able to work before, during, or after normal business hours and weekends (as needed) as well as be ready to take on shifts with little or immediate notice.
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach.
- The ability to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
- Ability to think on your feet and possess excellent problem solving abilities.
- Must have an enthusiastic approach to all activities and responsibilities
- Training at a credited broadcast institute or promotions/marketing experience would be considered an asset.
- Must be a happy and outgoing person
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page