Production Graphic Designer full-time
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 400 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a technical individual with strong Adobe Creative Suite skills to join our Marketing team as a Production Graphic Designer. In this newly-created position you will be responsible for taking designs from our Graphic Designers and getting them ready for final output. This role plays a key part in effectively communicating our brand through the production of graphic art, visual materials, and packaging.
Ideally you will have:
- Completion of a college degree/diploma in Graphic Arts
- 2+ years relatedexperience
- Experience in developing commercial retail packaging
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience with both Mac and PC platforms
- Experience inPhotoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Savvy with Internet and MS Office software
- Ability proof-read text in English to a very high standard
- Proficient skills in communication layout
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Produce world class visual communications and packaging using Adobe Creative Suite graphic programs
- Determine which medium is best for producing desired results and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Estimate cost of materials and time to complete graphic design and packaging production
- Participate in the sourcing of packaging materials
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements of the subjects to be rendered using traditional tools, multimedia software and image processing, layout and design software
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides to produce projects that meet business unit communication needs
- Follow and establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Coordinate all aspects of graphic design production for various traditional and digital media