Production Coordinator (Print) - Toronto
Do you have a passion for publishing books and magazines? Are you looking to develop your skills within a dynamic and fast-paced team environment? If so, an exciting opportunity as a full-time Production Coordinator is available at Bayard Canada, one of Canada’s leading communication companies.
This full-time role is a hybrid position. The successful candidate will be required to work in-person at the Toronto office a minimum of two days a week.
The Production Coordinator will work with the Production Director to provide hands-on support for the production and manufacturing of books and magazines published by various Bayard divisions, including Owlkids Books, Owlkids magazines, and Novalis Publishing, with an emphasis on liaising with third party service providers to ensure quality reproduction of printed materials, as well as file and asset management for cross media distribution.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Preflighting, output, external transmission and proof approvals of final files for print purposes
- Final asset management including file creation, updating and archiving of product source files and marketing assets for third-party dissemination
- Coordinating third-party image capture (scanning, photography, etc.) of original visual content including quoting, couriering, final file transmission and invoice processing
- Maintaining colour management workflow, including soft-proofing station calibration and internal implementation of third-party ICC colour profiles, application settings and print devices
- File trafficking via FTP, wetransfer, DropBox, as necessary
- Quoting of print jobs, purchase ordering, coordinating product delivery and processing of job invoices
- Developing work-back schedules and working closely with vendors to ensure on-time delivery of print jobs
- Maintaining consistent workflow and application settings among internal design staff and freelance designers
Requirements / skills required:
- Two to three years in the book and/or magazine publishing industry with hands-on experience with file preflighting, press-ready output and printing process requirements
- One to two years experience liaising with commercial printers on book and/or magazine job submission, proofing and approvals.
- Great technical and trouble-shooting skills with a high proficiency in Adobe Indesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with colour management with a focus on ICC profile use and screen calibration
- Solid understanding of long-document layout and formatting in Adobe InDesign
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to handle concurrent deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail; able to work independently showing initiative
- Demonstrated tact, good judgement and grace under pressure
- Assets: Familiarity with colour correction and image retouching, digital publishing, English/French bilingual
Starting Date: Immediate
- Group Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Tariff reductions on our products
- Group RRSP
- Remote work
- Remote recruitment process