PRODUCT DESIGN AT RANGLE
This position is a multi-faceted position that will require a strong business acumen, superior Web/Mobile UX design skills and exemplary soft/communication/organizational skills.
Working with clients to understand their business model is vital and you will be involved in helping refine the strategy for products from the earliest stages. You will be responsible for developing user flows, wireframes, lofi/hifi mockups, presenting your work to clients and building interactive prototypes (Sketch, Invision etc); All within a Lean-Scrum framework.
You should hold the belief that user experience should guide the product design. You should have a keen interest in usability, an eye for visual consistency, and a desire to think logically about complex application features and recommend solutions in a confident and intelligent manner. To be successful in this role you must be able to manage their own time, deliver a successful UX and take the initiative to seek continual improvement in all aspects of UX design. Last but not least, the candidate should be self-motivated and have the right attitude; experience is important, however candidates who are motivated, open-minded, dynamic and willing to grow with our company are preferred.
- The candidate will work collaboratively with the client, rangle.io management team, scrum team and project stakeholders to ensure projects UX objectives and results align with customer expectations and follow style guide and coding conventions.
- Be the single point of contact for all project UX related status, including but not limited to presenting your status during stand-ups and demos.
- Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers.
- Facilitating discussion with Product Owner and Scrum team in decision making surrounding user flows, sitemaps, layout and styling.
- Stay current with recent developments in the UX/UI design industry and community; and communicate any new insight to fellow designers.
- Bachelors Degree, College diploma OR relevant experience Experience: 5+ years
- A portfolio is required (can be online or a traditional hard copy)
- High level experience using any current design programs including the Adobe Suite, Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure etc. plus the desire to always find new ways of communicating design to an Agile development team.
- Proven ability to work with clients to create wireframes, user flows, personas etc.
- Help translate clients aspirations to tangible design deliverables that can focus client requests and feed the development team.
- Experience designing Web and Hybrid Mobile apps.
- Traditional graphic design knowledge of typography, layout and colour theory
- Experience running and analysing usability tests
- Experience in providing consulting, UX leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, and continual improvement.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with writing front end code (HTML, CSS, Sass)
- Basic comfort using Git to push and pull code from a shared repository
- Working knowledge of Lean-Scrum and requirements management tools (Pivotal Tracker)
Whether you need to create your startup’s minimal viable product (MVP), migrate your existing software, or create a responsive UX-driven web app – we have the partnership and delivery model to get your new or updated web or mobile application to market quickly and effectively.