Specialist, Product Marketing
Canon, the acknowledged leader in digital imaging in Canada and ranked in the top 20 of Most Admired Companies in the world by Fortune Magazine, has an opportunity for a Specialist, Product Marketing based out of our Mississauga location.
The Specialist, Product Marketing will manage, develop and implement marketing programs and launch activities that provide the necessary tools to achieve corporate revenue, profit and unit objectives.
Product Launches and Support
- Coordinate launching of new products while considering all factors including pricing, new product information, sales forecasting and phase out of existing products
- Meet deadlines for bulletin distributions, product launches and printed backup materials while ensuring availability of collateral pieces such as brochures
- With minimal supervision, manage, develop and implement marketing programs/campaigns for both Hardware and Software offerings
- Participate in the creation and execution of Dealer Programs such as Quarterly Promotions and Special Dealer programs
- Assist in the coordination of all product shows and launches for all branches/channels
- Develop, deliver and maintain high impact communication pieces such as presentations and marketing tools including ones that are web-based
- Conduct market research in new market development areas
- Routine communications with end user customers, Canon Dealers and Federal Government Sales Representatives
- Support Federal Government Team with respect to RFPs and RVDs and Sales Representatives in product related enquiries
Metrics Tracking and Forecasting
- Monitor, assess and evaluate Sales Performance indicators; prepare monthly executive reports
- Report unit and revenue results as required and help to develop and manage strategic marketing programs and initiatives to support on-going unit/revenue targets
- Work proactively with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure familiarity with marketing trends, threats and opportunities for assigned portfolio of products
- Participate in Business Solutions Division/Dealer Demoramas, Open Houses and other events to stay informed about the market
- Travel with Sales Representatives in the field to fully understand sales cycles and market dynamics
To Succeed, You will have:
- Completed post-secondary education preferably Business and/or Marketing related
- Minimum 2+ years relevant experience
- MS Office Suite with Advanced Excel skills required
- Exceptional analytical prowess and computer savvy; strong attention to detail
- Function well under pressure in a time sensitive environment
- Extremely organized, collaborative team player - keen desire to learn and grow in the role
- Graphics Design skills with knowledge of Adobe CS 5/6 an asset
- Highly developed presentation and communication skills; comfortable presenting to varied audiences
- Occasional travel is required for this position
Come and join our team as we work to take Canon to the next level! We offer pay-for-performance, generous benefits and exceptional career growth with a global company.
If you are among the most suitable for the position, we will be in touch with you shortly to take your interest to the next level.