As the technological extension of Ontario’s public education system, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning. TVO provides learning opportunities for Ontarians through innovative educational products, in-depth current affairs, groundbreaking documentaries, and award-winning TVOKids resources both inside and outside the classroom. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors.
This role will be TVO’s go-to-market lead and implementer for our education pillar. You will be responsible for developing the marketing efforts to grow TVO’s role as Ontario’s delivery and innovation partner for digital education inside the classroom, outside the classroom and abroad.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage and execute the product marketing plan and monitor the progress to ensure product marketing activities are delivered as planned
- Be the hands-on driver of the go-to-market process for education by working with our web, social, creative services, sales, PR and events teams to make our education plan a reality in the marketplace
- Maintain a detailed email marketing and deployment schedule for all ‘education’ products
- In collaboration with the Manager, Marketing, plan content, A/B test, iterate emails for admins, teachers and parents
- Email performance analysis and reporting on metrics around emails and other tactics that will allow the business to understand how individual initiatives perform
- Work with product and sales teams to optimize content distribution and build outbound and inbound channels to generate and nurture leads
- Responsible for tracking, managing and reconciling the campaign budget
- Work with the Manager Marketing to create educational marketing KPIs and ensure the KPIs are achieved
- Support the marketing team on other duties as required
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma required. A Business degree with a Marketing major preferred
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience coupled with a passion for digital education and experience working with parents, students and educators is a strong asset
- Proven ability to develop winning marketing strategies that link to company objectives with experience in; recommending opportunities, robust brand management, strong research, competitive tracking and analysis, building, presenting, defending and implementing robust marketing plans
- Proven experience with demonstrable results across the entire spectrum of online and offline marketing vehicles (print advertising, email, search, social media, retargeting, mobile )
- Continuously seek and analyze data and metrics to improve campaign effectiveness
- Extensive experience in marketing project coordination
- Expert at writing marketing briefs and collaboration with creative teams (internal & external)
- Managing multiple deadlines and priorities to ensure completion
- Experience working with media partners to create media recommendations for projects (social, web, broadcast, print, mobile, etc.)
- Expert communicator across all levels of the organization for project planning, implementation and review
- Skilled at Post Implementation Reviews to assess the effectiveness of all projects upon completion and at providing thoughtful analysis and recommendations
- A roll-up your sleeves, results driven, can-do attitude
- Strong consensus building skills and experience leading through influence
- Expert working knowledge for the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Should have a valid Ontario drivers’ license.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
When applying please include links to a portfolio of work.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume, by the stated date.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the Talent and Engagement office. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.