This is an exciting time for Workopolis. We’re in the midst of evolving our Job Seeker experience and need an all-hands-on-deck kind of person to help bring it to life on the site! You’ll engross yourself in understanding the ways of the Seeker across multiple industries and you’ll use this expertise to make decisions on key strategic initiatives as the lead or inform other organizational projects as a stakeholder. This role is inherently cross-functional so you’ll be the type of person that brings people together for collaboration and contribution to any given project. And your contribution will be felt across the organization as well as with almost every interaction a Job Seeker has with the site.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Bringing our site’s value proposition to life for users (Job Seekers) and customers (Employers) by delivering development features that truly define what a job search experience should be
- Conduct masterful competitive reviews and market-segment trend analyses that will allow you to develop thoughtful POVs and recommendations that ultimately help to define the anticipated features for the site. Ultimately, you will define compelling products/features that the user will care about, and ensure site differentiation and competitiveness
- Contribute to the thinking around new feature development
- Identify internal and 3rd party research needs to support product positioning
- Work closely with key Business stakeholders to identify needs and sharpen feature offerings based on feedback from competitive positioning and audience research
- Define, maintain, develop and communicate the product roadmap with a focus on continuous improvement, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs.
- Within an agile environment, define the MVP, align on user stories and acceptance criteria, and work with the developers on a daily basis in bringing the vision to life
- Define the Go-To-Market strategy for feature launches; drive articulation of feature positioning and audience benefits for internal communication purposes, and in partnership with Marcomm for external storytelling
- Work closely with the Analytics team to develop and monitor success KPI designed to evaluate the efficacy of feature launches
- Serve as subject-matter-expert and advocate on all things Job Seeker related across the organization and inform other team’s strategies where appropriate, including Marcomm
- Report to (and partner with) the Director, Job Seeker Experience on strategic initiatives
Here's what you bring to the table:
- 4-6 years in a product marketing management role; 1-2 at a manager level preferred
- Experience in ecommerce, online media or technology sector
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing required; MBA preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to try different things with minimal direction
- Analytical thinker – strong bias for data-driven decision-making; able to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Demonstrated experience and ability in driving product positioning development
- Experience bringing an experience vision to life online. Having done so within an agile environment preferred
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization
- Quick decision maker – ability to demonstrate bias for action under tight timing and pressure
- Superior negotiation and communication skills
- Strong project management experience and fanatical attention to detail
- Additional skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- Understanding and experience of agile principles in daily practice
- Familiarity and comfort with UX design principles, as well as Omniture
- Sound logic and reasoning capabilities
- Proficiency working with powerpoint
- Comfort with presenting in front of small and large groups
- Note that this is not a branding, communications, or SEO role. However understanding of these facets is valuable.
Please note: We will ask to see a sample of a powerpoint presentation you had to put together for a stakeholder audience.
Workopolis will accomodate people with disabilities through the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accomodation is required.