Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you've got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER
The incumbent is responsible to drive the product related business decisions over the life cycle of the product. This includes monitoring of PSI, coming up with product strategy into the market and work with CBM (Category Business Manager) to meet Monthly Sales Targets and Profitability of the product. The incumbent will work closely with CBM and be a liaison between primarily GBM (Global Business Manager), secondarily sales, SCM (Supply Chain Management) and service for all product related matters.
- Work with the GBM on future products and line up strategies based on market and industry trend
- Work with the CBM to develop go-to-market strategies for new products for the Canadian market, product positioning, price positioning, promotions/programs, sales channel strategy and target demographics/verticals
- Work with various departments for successful execution and follow-through in Sales, marcom, SCM, GBM, service, etc.
- Maintain strategic product portfolio for Canadian market
- Forecast, monitor the sales movement
- Oversee supply chain management to keep inventory at an optimal level
- Liase between local and GBM Marketing
- Develop and deliver marketing collaterals and presentation materials
- Work closely with the marcom team for delivery and execution
Ensure customer facing websites are up-to-dateA
dminister new product launches, road shows and other marketing events
Provide ideas and suggestions to help increase sales by working with the CBMP
Plan rep education/training
Customer visits with reps when necessary
Conduct showroom management
Manage the effective launch and life cycle of all IT products in Canada
Assist in arranging presentations to distributors, retailers, VARs, DMRs, corporate accounts and all external audiences on Samsung IT products
Help CBM in developing of all promotions (SPIFFS, rebates, 0% financing, value added offers, etc.)
Conduct and ensure timely and sufficient customer product training takes place
Analyze performance and utilize market research to further drive sell through performance and increase market share for all Samsung IT products
Analyze Account, Merchandising and Display
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years working in a Product Manager role
- A minimum of three years of experience ideally in the IT industry
- IT background is an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications.
- The ability to plan, organize, collaborate on and measure the effectiveness and results of all programs and projects in the EBD Division as required
- The ability to disseminate market information and provide the best strategic business plan
- The ability to give technical sales and marketing guidance on a day-to-day level
- Ability to assist in long and mid-term business planning
- Ability to manage budgets and determine ROI
- Must have a proven track record on results
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is a must
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer.
We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.