We are growing and require a Product Marketing Managerto join our team!
Reporting to the Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications,the role of the Manager Product Marketing Manager will be to work with category management, commercial programs, private label procurement and local markets to provide the day to day execution requirements for private label and commercial program marketing and promotional plans.
The Product Marketing department will develop and champion distinct private label brand strategies such as branding, brand extensions, positioning and creative/content strategies to increase consumer interest, awareness, understanding and engagement.
This will be done by creating differentiated format/banner communication and promotional programs for their respective private label brand or commercial program and ensuring that consumers’ needs are integrated into product development activities.
Key Business Functions, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities
- Responsible for understanding the annual business plan for the product marketing team and how it impacts the role
- Responsible for understanding and being able to execute against the brand expression and standards for the various formats and as well as the private label & commercial program targeted customers and brand positioning
- Responsible for managing the timelines of all marketing programs and communication plans as out-lined in the 18-Month Marketing Calendar for private label & commercial programs
- Responsible for creating the cost work-up for any charters for marketing plans of private label & commercial programs, for approval at M.O.M.
- Working with the Director Integrated Marketing Communications, responsible for the creation of the cross functional plans for all private label & commercial programs across the various formats
- Responsible for the creation of innovative promotional and marketing plans that support private label and commercial programs; creative concept development, in-store & out of store channel selection (including digital), creative briefs and/or creative dockets, stakeholder briefs, proofing & reviewing marketing materials, sign off of final marketing materials, determination and customization of POS materials and their functionality
- Accountable to respect the guidelines within the weekly air traffic control for in-store POS material
- Responsible for the budget tracking of all marketing plans for private label & commercial programs
- Accountable for effective, timely communication to all local markets to ensure consistent execution of marketing plans
- Responsible for the day to day relationship with in-house and external “agencies”
- Foster an environment that encourages employee engagement and motivates team members to perform at their very best
- Identify individual development needs and provide coaching, support and direction in terms of on-the-job learning and formal training to create development plans that address gaps
- Lead by example by focusing on personal career development and pursuing opportunities to increase relevant knowledge and skills.
- Foster a coaching and mentoring culture within your department, ensuring you are willing and available to support your staff in their development.
- Support Sobeys talent management succession planning strategy, by making sure capable people are identified and have action plans in place that align to individual and organizational needs.
Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S):
- Ensure department abides by current OH&S policy and hold team members accountable when they have faulted on this requirement.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, where colleagues in your department are encouraged and recognized for generating and implementing innovative ideas
- Above average oral, written and facilitation skills
- Marketing knowledge
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Above average project management skills
- Experience in the development and/or management of a marketing plan
- + 5 Years in a similar role
- +2 Years in a manager level role
- A passion for food and knowledge of food ingredients, health benefits and preparation
- Experience in Digital and Social Media Marketing, PR, Advertising, Promotions