Do you want to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative organization? Are you excited about working with a dedicated community who makes a real difference in the lives of Canadians by recruiting blood, stem cell, cord blood and organ, eye and tissue donors? Do you want to save lives every day? Then this job is for you.
Canadian Blood Services is a collaborative community of donors, volunteers, health care professionals, employees and corporate partners dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure blood system in Canada.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager, Marketing to join our Donor Relations Marketing team in Ottawa.
The Product Manager, Marketing is accountable for developing CBS’s product marketing strategy; developing and implementing targeted recruitment campaigns to increase collections and build the donor base across Fresh Components and transplant products in the areas of Organs and Tissues, the National Public Cord Blood Bank and the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network. This includes the development, implementation and evaluation of new and innovative campaigns that respond to customer marketing and donor retention goals through various media that fosters the acquisition and retention of service requirements to internal and external customers, diversity and new donor/registrant acquisition.
Accountable and Responsible For:
- Developing product strategy and contributing to national marketing strategy.
- New donor/registrant recruitment targets including diversity and ABO mix.
- Retention/lifecycle programs associated whole blood donation and OneMatch adult peripheral registrant engagement.
- Evaluating and evolving the strategy for in clinic conversion of apheresis programs, and managing Demand Planning and Supply Chain expectations on conversion rates.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating the Donor Relations approach to cord blood recruitment and Organs and Tissues awareness, including where and when to partner with Public Affairs
- Developing and implementing targeted recruitment, frequency and retention marketing strategies and tactics to increase collections, registrations and/or build the donor base(s).
- Preparing and providing regular marketing campaign activity information updates and guidance documents on the use of campaign materials and responding to inquiries concerning marketing campaigns.
- Working with Partnership and Program Development peers to provide direction to the field and implement strong sales strategies
- Donor Base health in totality
Formal Education, Training and/or Certification(s):
- A university degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Account management and knowledge of sales force field execution is an asset
- Five years of experience in marketing, business, sales advertising or communication, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Development of marketing and product plans
- Development of field execution plans and or sales force
- Meeting the needs of culturally diverse prospects
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Above average oral and written communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, creativity and organizational skills
Tracking Code: 5343-239
Application Deadline: 2015-08-20
Classification: Grade 9
This position is open to: Internal and External Applicants