Reports to: Director of UX
What do we do?
ThoughtFarmer makes award-winning intranet software that brings people and ideas together. Our communication and collaboration tool is used by hundreds of organizations around the globe to get work done. In fact, that's our mission—to Make Work Better.
What will you do?
We’re looking for a designer who can play a vital role in user experience, interaction design, and interface design for the ThoughtFarmer product.
- Work with user experience practitioners and developers to produce UI designs for the ThoughtFarmer product using iterative, agile processes.
- Design interfaces for a responsive product (desktop and mobile designs).
- Create design production artifacts (graphics, icons) to support design and development needs.
- Help validate ideas through the rapid creation of testable prototypes.
- Participate in team brainstorms and conceptual development.
- Work with ThoughtFarmer clients to provide product theming services, including design and branding.
Are you the right fit?
You want to work in an integrated team that's small, flexible, and where everyone contributes. You like to solve complex design problems and have an open mind to considering different approaches. You love learning new technologies and keep on top of emerging trends in digital product design.
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of UI design and experience working within a team environment.
- Demonstrated mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision, and Zeplin.
- Experience using and building design systems.
- Understanding of usability, layout, typography, and visual hierarchy principles.
- A solid understanding of interaction design and responsive design principles.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
What makes the difference:
- Experience designing for product interfaces.
- Experience designing for mobile devices.
- Experience working with common CSS and HTML frameworks and methodologies.
What we offer
At ThoughtFarmer, you’ll work with talented people and global brands like Oxfam, The Guardian, Mountain Equipment Coop, Fokker, YVR, and United States Geological Survey. We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them in living fulfilling, balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits and flexible time-off. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is stocked with organic groceries, is bike-friendly, and easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any additional support during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!