Does the communications world excite you? When you see a blank page, do the words flow out like a crisp beer on a warm Summer’s day? Are you a social media maven? Do you value team building and strong company culture?
If it’s a yes, then you are in the right place! We’re on the hunt for our next Producer, Digital Communications!
Here’s a glimpse of the work that you will do:
- You will deliver online, social media communication with attendees, potential customers and social media audiences interested in The Social Concierge (and its respective portfolio) through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn; and develop presence and achieve growth in new channels such as Snapchat and Periscope
- Utilizing a base of thousands of never-before-seen images, exciting event videos and an already strong brand presence, you will elevate The Social Concierge as the most recognized purveyor of premium accessibly immersive cultural events
- You will simultaneously build new audiences and maximize engagement with our current base of subscribers through regular brand-relevant content. Ultimately, increase email subscriber acquisition is the highest form of success during the tenure of this partnership
- You will attend all key events, press shoots, sponsor events and photographic opportunities to cover angles of The Social Concierge events / other important cultural happenings in Vancouver
- Develop and leverage a social media influencer strategy that effectively amplifies The Social Concierge social media messages.
- You will deliver written copy and digital blog content with audiences interested in The Social Concierge and unique event activities. This written copy may include sponsorship decks, ticketing platform copy, social media event copy, website copy, graphic copy, SMS marketing copy or digital blog content, as necessary.
- You will collaborate with Director, Digital Communications to develop all newsletters from The Social Concierge Mailchimp and relevant partner programs. This will include writing all copy, as well as subject lines and headers
- You will expand your creative writing and content curation abilities to come up with fresh, new angles for copy that inspires, engages and converts audiences
- You will collaborate and support with Public Relations on all in-house and client events
But first, a couple of minor asks:
- You have demonstrated experience in digital content creation, social media management and copywriting with brands, events or event just personally. We are looking for the right mix of young skill, positive attitude and burgeoning creativity
- You take initiative - You don't need a lot of supervision, and you can manage tasts fluidly
- You're passionate about writing, branding and creating shareable content
- You love events and are connected in your community
- You value your team - A glass of red wine with a coworker or boss is most likely on your Friday evening agenda
- You can work under a high deal of pressure and strict deadlings (the events industry is not slow paced)
- You have a 'can-do' attitude - You're not afraid to break out of the "commmunications mold" and hop into other tasts when needed (ever built a mythical Keltic Stone?
- You might have experience with Hootsuite, Facebook Business Manager, Mailchimp or other social tools
- You may have experience with InDesign or Photoshop
Strong applicants will have a deep enthusiasm to combine the written word with dynamic social content. While years of experience is always good, what we actually need in our next digital communications producer is the right attitude, excellent writing skills and a natural comfort with social media channels